Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    And I'm the Extremist.

Really I tried to explain it nicely, even added a joke, In my first post, And you went full-salvo defensive demeaning Sarcasm mode on me.
    oh cmon, I'm not attacking you personally...
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    All right then.
    (2)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    You're making fun of people who act like damage is everything, yet at the same time asking for an increase in the damage of the way you want to play, and a nerf for people who want to play in another way. Doesn't this strike you as hypocritical at all?

Hint: if you answered "no", you're wrong.
    Actually I was opting for an increase in RP element.

But it seems my strong opinion offends people, so I'm stopping for now.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ya sorta are, you went batshit on Carb after she gave a clear and well-planned post that you don't really deserve with the aggressive attitude you're showing here. I'm all for improving on a job I love in a meaningful manner, but you certainly are taking zealot to a whole new level with the way you're overreacting. Take a breath, bud.

Anyway, retaliation aside, let me answer your actual concern. Carb had the points right; it's hard to justify shuriken for a number of reasons. But here's two big ones:

1) Shuriken take time to take out and throw. Have you seen the duration of the ranged attack animation? In that time, a well-geared NIN can do 2-3 attack rounds, inflicting at least double the damage that one shuriken could have, if not more. Shuriken decrease a NIN's overall DPS, doing half the damage (this is an estimate) in the same amount of time. This makes it a bit unfeasible for NIN, whose main sources of enmity and damage are in their damage over time.

2) Shuriken are few and far between, or in other words expensive or a pain to get. Normal shuriken, the NQ ones that are rather weak, cost 4,257-18,216 a STACK, depending on your fame. That's the weakest kind. Our most damaging one, the Koga Shuriken, comes in single units that you get from quests you can only do once a real-life day. The next best, Fuma Shuriken, cost nearly 58k EACH. Crafted ones are just as painful to get as well, and crafters aren't likely to make them unless you drag them around to give them the materials. They're also not very good. So shuriken are a pain to acquire.

See why it's so hard to implement? If you want to go get the money and buy shuriken, or go and get someone to craft them for you, then start throwing them. There's no one stopping you from doing so; if you feel the need to throw, then throw! But throwing a hissy fit just because others see a better potential use for the job is not the way to go. Shuriken were good back in earlier levels, where their DPS made them worth throwing, especially for holding hate, but as level increases, their utility decreases.

Try and be nice to one of the few optimistic posters here, too. Too many of us are already jaded without adding Krabknuckle to the list. D:
    (3)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Actually I was opting for an increase in RP element.

But it seems my strong opinion offends people, so I'm stopping for now.
    Its really not that its offended, Its just that you gave the feeling of "nerf it so i can shuriken". If that wasn't your intent you just need to explain it better.

I did mention I wouldn't hate the idea of Using Shuriken, When i was leveling NIN i always wanted too but was too poor. I only mean to portray that the time that it seems unlikely that, If SE cant even fix Text-Menus to not be so drawn-out, They'd ever make a fix like this :|

Plus i feel once SE was like "We cant do Throwing WS" they gave up on NIN >.>

Edit: Gave up on NIN's "Throwing".
    (2)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    There isn't really a need for throwing WS. Just a decrease in the ingredients for crafting or cheaper shuriken, the improvement of Sange so that it doesn't hurt so much with losing shadows and whatnot. And possibly a RATK+ ability for Nin or something, or something along those lines.

So great, I cant offer up a creative Idea that would make Throwing "uber". But why does something have to be "uber" to be fun? Ranged attack is very situational I'll admit, but it would still be nice to see Ninja have access to it whenever those situations come up.
    (2)
    Last edited by Akujima; 04-15-2011 at 09:50 AM.

QUICK! Make a new thread to disscuss the same thing you're trolling in 3 others!
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    QUICK! Make a new thread to disscuss the same thing you're trolling in 3 others!
    It's pretty much pointless anyways, because everyone just focuses on the negative aspects of what everyone else posts. Rarely is there ever a consensus on anything positive.

All I got was continued debates on how Throwing wouldn't work, as opposed to how it might be implemented as a secondary dmg option.

So there we have it, just hop on the negative pessimistic bandwagon, remove this, remove that, etc, etc. I said the word "nerf" once, and I get wailed on, while my other healthy points are just overlooked and dismissed completely.
    (2)

Seeing as the same *** conversation is going on in three threads, I'll just reply to this one.

Throwing will always be worse than meleeing due to the way Haste works. Period.

Throwing Weaponskills are impossible. SE announced this years ago. The game does not function in such a way that they could make Throwing weapons have weaponskills.

There are no situations in FFXI as it is right now where pretending to be Naruto is better than swinging a katana. RP all you want with your kage bunshin no jutsu. Believe it. No one's stopping you. But it doesn't make you a good Ninja. Nor is it a valid excuse for wasting everyone's time while you take an hour to kill Briareus.

It's your right to play that way. [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    (7)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 04-15-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

I will have my revenge!

10. 04-15-2011 02:09 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Wait what? Was the rl card really just played?
    (3)

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast