Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

+20% FC on dynamis sword, Crocea Mors is unwanted, also bow talk

Fast Cast at this point in the game on RDM specific gear is an insult. Capping is extremely easy and even easier at the su5 required to wield the sword. Please pick any other weapon's ending buff that isn't job specific and just slap it on that sword, please please please.

Refresh +3
    20% enhancing magic duration
    5% damage taken to mp
    Treasure hunter +3 (why not!)
    3% of HP to attack or defense
    Crit rate 10
    20 spell interrupt
    15 attack per shadow (still better than 20 fc!)
    20 snapshot (yes i have a bow, flurry 2, distract 3, and +55 gain agi and i know how to use it)
    10 damage taken
    -40 tp step cost

All of these are worth more to me than a little bit of recasts. I would trade it for the 50 ranged accuracy it's missing as well. You managed to put ranged accuracy on BRD?, DNC?, THF, NIN but left it off SAM who has a RELIC BOW and RDM that actually has the ability to use ranged WSs unlike BRD and DNC who do not! We are on volte gear, raetic bangle, taeon, exalted bow, and raetic bow. You can use arching arrow off exalted bow to get innundation bonus and the fusion we so desperately need. Support us!

ALSO every mage gets more magic damage or magic accuracy than RDM does. 310 for the staves, 248 for the clubs and even though blue mage shares our 217 they get 20 blue magic skill. We got the least good mage weapon no matter how you look at it.

It doesn't matter how the aug system works out or makes this a better weapon later, you're still doing us dirty now and it will still be there later. Please at least consider this for future updates if you aren't willing to fix this weapon.
    (3)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    No, they should have got a unique one, like Enhancing Magic +(1~7).
    (0)

Player
    Every update we get proves the Devs don't know anything about their own game.

Fast Cast on on Rdm's Su4/5 weapon is a joke.
    (5)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This should said +20% fc, converts 10% of FC into JA haste. Master RDM + this weapon + carmine +1 head and feet would be 80% capped fc that we would be meleeing in. I wouldn't turn this sword down if that 80% turned into an extra 8% haste for tp gain.

At least then we'd get why there is 20% FC on anything for RDM. It's not like you're in your FC set for more than a second so needing to itemizing for defense is a non-issue
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    This should said +20% fc, converts 10% of FC into JA haste. Master RDM + this weapon + carmine +1 head and feet would be 80% capped fc that we would be meleeing in. I wouldn't turn this sword down if that 80% turned into an extra 8% haste for tp gain.

At least then we'd get why there is 20% FC on anything for RDM. It's not like you're in your FC set for more than a second so needing to itemizing for defense is a non-issue
    Don't forget that the damage rating on this thing (DMG:180) is the highest available in-game for RDM, and that unlike (the lower DMG/acc/etc) RMEAs, this one is able to be Dual Wielded... That means that a master RDM DW'ing 2x Crocea Mors would have FC+78% by my count, with no other gear or buffs, PLUS have the highest damage melee weapons they can possibly use, which also happen to come with a boatload of accuracy AND magic accuracy... This would let you use nothing but Conserve MP and defensive gear in your precast /equipsets, which seems like it should be pretty darn attractive to me. Tack on the incoming augments boosting their power level up even more, and I honestly don't get the dislike for 'em. :/

As I've said before, I'm no RDM, but they really don't seem anywhere near as pointless as you seem to want them to be..
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    That means that a master RDM DW'ing 2x Crocea Mors would have FC+78% by my count, with no other gear or buffs, PLUS have the highest damage melee weapons they can possibly use, which also happen to come with a boatload of accuracy AND magic accuracy...
    I can hit on wave 3 without any accuracy on either of my weapons. This isn't meeble burrows or VW era, RDM doesn't have accuracy issues especially if you factor distract 3. Straight weapon damage vs the additional damage from relic occ 2.5x, 25% hp as slashing, +60 atk and the utility of fusion ws property and AM regen 30/refresh 3 is not going to win. It won't beat an mythic am 1, 2, or 3 in any situation you'd want them up. Offhand you'd be giving up 50 dex on almace or 10 store tp on sequence. These are all things RDM desperately needs because they are all extremely starved on good melee equips. Frontline RDM job is debuff, open SCs for other mages, Burst after them. If you're zerging, it's equip mythic > am3 > cdc or sanguine blade.

Survivability is not a RDM issue. We have solid defense sets and more meva and mdb than every job except run and possibly whm. We are the last to die on the front line. I give you full credit for your answer because that would be a benefit IF we needed accuracy or surivability.

The only thing I would want on both of these swords would be +130 hp x 2 from dual wield for a nice health bubble for extra safety, but thats the same generic stats that are on all these weapons. I would take the PLD sword's defense immediately over 20% fc I'm not going to get any value out of it and also because the pld sword is identical to the RDM sword in all stats. You don't get more macc or magic damage because you're a RDM over a PLD. There is nothing particularly RDMy about this sword other than how poorly executed it is. I could buy the reasoning for this sword IF this was going to be easily accessible to new RDMs that don't have glowy weapons but the simple fact is that this sword is going to be extremely expensive and requires master rdm to equip.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This would let you use nothing but Conserve MP and defensive gear in your precast /equipsets, which seems like it should be pretty darn attractive to me.
    Conserve MP is midcast. I'm not getting the thought behind it, but I assume it's a mistake. The only thing fast cast is good for in midcast is recast timers but honestly even with composure's penalty, you still have Haste 2 and native 38% fast cast. It's a non issue.
    (0)

Player
    Conserve MP is midcast. I'm not getting the thought behind it, but I assume it's a mistake. The only thing fast cast is good for in midcast is recast timers but honestly even with composure's penalty, you still have Haste 2 and native 38% fast cast. It's a non issue.
    Yes, that was a mistake. In which case, that means that you actually WON'T NEED A PRECAST AT ALL, if Dual Wielding these. Tossing on my midcast AS my precast and being able to bypass zone lag in content like Omen actually sounds rather nice to me.

The biggest thing to think about before complaining though is that these are not "completed" weapons yet. They were designed to be competitive with RMEA and balanced around being augmented, and were pitched as such by the devs. Once we've seen the augments in ~5-6 weeks, THEN would be a good time to complain if they aren't up to par.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes, that was a mistake. In which case, that means that you actually WON'T NEED A PRECAST AT ALL, if Dual Wielding these. Tossing on my midcast AS my precast and being able to bypass zone lag in content like Omen actually sounds rather nice to me.

The biggest thing to think about before complaining though is that these are not "completed" weapons yet. They were designed to be competitive with RMEA and balanced around being augmented, and were pitched as such by the devs. Once we've seen the augments in ~5-6 weeks, THEN would be a good time to complain if they aren't up to par.
    So you're just standing on your opinion because you don't want want to back down, cool. Precast is super easy for RDM to sort, survivability is super easy to gear for, and 20 FC is still bad on a job that doesn't need it. I get it, you're not a RDM main. You dont get it.

'Just wait till SE put out the augments' is you attempting to say just wait to see if SE throws RDM a specific bone BECAUSE CURRENTLY THEY DIDN'T AT ALL, THEY GAVE YOU THE WORST WEAPON WITH A USELESS ADDITIONAL STAT THAT YOU CAN BARELY GET AN VALUE OUT OF UNLIKE EVERY OTHER JOB THAT ALREADY GOT SOMETHING THAT IS A BONUS. We are probably all going to get the exact same augs and there will be nothing specific about them. That job specific stat was already on the weapon and RDM got trash. I'm angry because I do wave 3 and they gave me a shit sandwich for motivation. I'm the target for their content and i got a kick to the shin.

Whatever your main is, because it's not RDM, probably got something nice you can work with. If you're a mage or a dual wield job or a COR or PUP you might really want this weapon. 2h and mnk there is probably no reason to make this weapon, but as a mage and a dual wield job, RDM pretty obviously got singled out.

When I'm right about this being trash in september, you aren't going to come back here and advocate for RDM getting treated fairly. So the devil's advocacy because you're bored isn't appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    So you're just standing on your opinion because you don't want want to back down, cool. Precast is super easy for RDM to sort, survivability is super easy to gear for, and 20 FC is still bad on a job that doesn't need it. I get it, you're not a RDM main. You dont get it.

'Just wait till SE put out the augments' is you attempting to say just wait to see if SE throws RDM a specific bone BECAUSE CURRENTLY THEY DIDN'T AT ALL, THEY GAVE YOU THE WORST WEAPON WITH A USELESS ADDITIONAL STAT THAT YOU CAN BARELY GET AN VALUE OUT OF UNLIKE EVERY OTHER JOB THAT ALREADY GOT SOMETHING THAT IS A BONUS. We are probably all going to get the exact same augs and there will be nothing specific about them. That job specific stat was already on the weapon and RDM got trash. I'm angry because I do wave 3 and they gave me a shit sandwich for motivation. I'm the target for their content and i got a kick to the shin.

Whatever your main is, because it's not RDM, probably got something nice you can work with. If you're a mage or a dual wield job or a COR or PUP you might really want this weapon. 2h and mnk there is probably no reason to make this weapon, but as a mage and a dual wield job, RDM pretty obviously got singled out.

When I'm right about this being trash in september, you aren't going to come back here and advocate for RDM getting treated fairly. So the devil's advocacy because you're bored isn't appreciated.
    Sorry, poor wording earlier. Please mentally replace "In which case" with "Still".

My mains are BST/THF/BLM/COR/GEO/BLU. No, I'm not super excited about any of them but COR. ><;; Everything else got a big "kick in the shin", and RDM's actually stands out to me as one of the one's with higher potential impact on use. FC+20% is a huge chunk on a single slot, and does have the potential for allowing new gear choices. Out of my jobs, only COR's weapon can say the same thing (though it is arguably THE best out of the lot, given that it doesn't actually share a slot w/ any of our RMEAs,) with the rest being laughable as far as "special stats" go. :"(

I recently-ish made a thread here about buffing RDM, inspired by the woes of RDM friends. This isn't devil's advocacy (though I am frequently guilty of such. lol) This is me genuinely liking the RDM sword and looking forward to the possibilities that it may be able to open for those RDM friends of mine. :3
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast