Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    RDM doesn't need AoE buffs if you keep adding more Duration gear, especially if added on gear with Enhancing Magic skill. That said I don't think adding more party based buffs to RDM is the right choice BRD, COR and GEO fill that role.
    Agreed.

Enspell III would add more DMG and hopefully work on all hits like enspell I. Also you really don't need something to stack all the time, and again Enspell would be for DMG, and adding more DMG that has no TP gain for the enemy trumps Subtle Blow, all of which matters naught in a game where enemies have CRAZY regain.
    Not all content has bosses with crazy regain. Both of the Dynamis D megabosses I've fought (Taru and Mithra) seem like they don't have regain. The wave 2 yagudo boss only gets regain if you don't block it with distract or tidal roar. I get that you want more damage on enspells but discounting subtle blow when I have 31% triple attack in temper 2 and the ONLY good subtle blow/store tp armor RDM can equip is bastok volte gear and i personally only have the head and I've been doing dyna d since bastok came out, seems like a very hazardous opinion. If you're going to be a DD on a real boss you want as few TP moves coming off of it as possible so you can have a smooth fight. If you don't want to DD RDM on bosses, then there is no point in discounting party buffer role.

I do agree doing more damage would make us more appealing, but i just don't see us getting a large enspell overhaul unless it's equipment based. My enspell 1s can hit for over 120 damage a hit, but they can also ge reduced down to like 20 damage a hit with my mainhand being an AG Murgleis. This isn't where I want that damage upgrade to come from because it's magic damage and against real bosses, magic damage takes insane macc to land. And certainly not if it blocks haste samba and gives up auspice as an option. We need to steal the accuracy and attack boosting properties of endark and enlight or leave enspells in the dirt where they are currently.

Adding buffs doesn't win nor lose a war it simply grants stuff that makes sense. We have Raise I and Raise II but not Reraise...?
    I also want this, but if a dev goes, 'oh the rdm are asking for reraise, just give it to then and move on to the next job to fix.' Then we screwed ourselves. Look how they fixed monk recently. They are completely capable of missing the mark and just moving on. I don't think they are doing it on purpose, i just think they don't have the resources and insight to fix some of the more subtle balance needs of all the jobs. Don't invite doom on yourself. It sucks we have to use a subjob for dual wield, stun, sleepga/breakga, and reraise, but I'd take it over them not taking RDMs needs seriously.

You again are basing SOLELY on the aspect of RDM as an Party Enhancer, they have as good as said it's not what RDM is. Only the players want to make RDM and enhancer. The augment their own strength with an occassional party buff (Refresh and Haste) while weakening the enemy with enfeebles. This is where RDM should be buffed. (Especially on the enfeebling front) not making it a lacklustre GEO/COR/BRD.
    With enough macc our enfeebles land and actually take noticeable effect with enough enfeebling magic effect gear+. The current game is a full departure from abyssea era rdm. Stymie being a 1 spell limit does hurt, but the times you run into the mob completely resistant to enfeebles is very few. It's not a very robust SP. That being said, sabo paralyze 2 has made the wave 2 yag and goblin just sit there for extended durations. It's really nice when your tank notices the mob is just stuck.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    I've always thought personally that enspells should have a special effect, making ddrdm useful. Basically a better version of dancer, since dancer got added to the game instead of fixing rdm.

Something like enfire lowers mab/macc every hit, with no cap. enblizzard lowers attack every hit with no cap. enstone lowers acc with every hit, no cap etc
    Or at least a really generous cap. RDM being generically tough can go in early to soften a dangerous mob so the other dd can be protected under 50% when mobs generically get more dangerous.

I like it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2