Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Player xiozen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San'doria
    Posts
    292
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Personal opinion and preferences.
    Spot on observation Afania, can't agree with this sentiment more.

    While the OP has clearly explained why he/she prefers non-alliance content that doesn't change the fact that many players (in my experience with this game) actually enjoy the challenges that it offers.

    Granted, it's not for everyone--however if you feel that FFXI doesn't meet your personal preference as an MMO, there are "other MMO's" out there... one that comes to mind is FFXIV... it's combat system in alliance raids ... oh wait... require you to do pretty much the same thing... spam weapon skills... or high-powered spells... FFXIV doesn't offer skillchaining like FFXI; even so, if you really look at what skillchaining requires--you should come to realize in alliance related content that's really not feasible.
    (0)

    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

  2. #22
    Player BBWallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    118
    Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What is the point of this thread? Nothing in this game requires 18 people to be beaten. You can take 6-7 people and clear pretty much anything you want provided they are the right jobs and geared.

    Beaten every omen boss san Ou with 5 people, Beaten Dyna with 4, T3's with 5,Helms with 6-7. Not sure where you are getting this alliance crap from.
    (0)
    Last edited by BBWallace; 07-17-2018 at 01:18 PM.

  3. #23
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    Afania you just sound like your crying
    Nope, I'm typing these perfectly calm. Why would I be "crying" over speaking facts and truth, not like I'm asking nor demanding for something.....What you said makes zero sense.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-17-2018 at 02:07 PM.

  4. #24
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    What is the point of this thread? Nothing in this game requires 18 people to be beaten. You can take 6-7 people and clear pretty much anything you want provided they are the right jobs and geared.

    Beaten every omen boss san Ou with 5 people, Beaten Dyna with 4, T3's with 5,Helms with 6-7. Not sure where you are getting this alliance crap from.
    None of the content listed above has as much HP as dyna wave3 bosses though.

    It will be rather difficult to beat wave3 boss with 6-7 tbh, though I'm not completely sure how smn zerg performs there.

    Afaik most well geared group with 12 people are still struggling atm.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-17-2018 at 02:04 PM.

  5. #25
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    While the OP has clearly explained why he/she prefers non-alliance content that doesn't change the fact that many players (in my experience with this game) actually enjoy the challenges that it offers.
    This. People frequently state their opinion as facts.

    "Alliance content is bad direction!"
    "Small servers can't form alliances!"

    That's opinions, assumptions but not facts.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player Kishr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    117
    Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    What you said makes zero sense.
    Yep, what I usually say when I see your wall of text.
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    784
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This. People frequently state their opinion as facts.

    "Alliance content is bad direction!"
    "Small servers can't form alliances!"

    That's opinions, assumptions but not facts.
    I wasn't implying that 'small servers can't form alliances' but more the fact, due to the lesser numbers of people, it would be more difficult.

    As you mentioned, if you have a static group and a community you can put together, then there isn't really a problem. Getting to build that community on the other hand presents a lot of problems and time..
    (1)

  8. #28
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    Yep, what I usually say when I see your wall of text.
    Sounds like you don't like to read text...... which is not my problem.........Do you find your college text book and essays "crying" as well?

    If I have a lot to say to the point that I have to type multiple paragraphs, what you think about paragraphs and text is not my business. I think you're just mad that I disagree with your opinion anyways.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    As you mentioned, if you have a static group and a community you can put together, then there isn't really a problem. Getting to build that community on the other hand presents a lot of problems and time..
    For the level of wave3 bosses, getting into a static or community will be mandatory regardless of the server. The amount of work to build a successful PUG alliance to beat wave3 is entirely way too high even on Asura.

    There are tons and tons of well geared high end endgame LS currently attempting wave3 clears with full alliance and still fails. If they fail, PUG will fail harder. So essentially clearing wave 3 has same difficulty on every server if PUG is a very very bad option. And PUG is the only advantage Asura has over other servers, if it's not an option, then Asura isn't easier, it's the same.

    Many people often said building a group is difficult on small servers because the population is small, I'm not sure if that's the case at all. Someone on my server started with social ls that invites everyone. Now they are a LS with 64 members, that I often can't to get in, and eventually they became an aeonic LS just by pulling people from these massive pool.

    Many other established endgame community also opens their door to anyone that's geared for endgame. All you need is to send a tell and you will be invited. So being in a community/static shouldn't be an issue.

    A lot of new or returning player never take the necessary steps to get into established groups on their server for endgame. These step are: 1) Join an active social LS to gear up, ideally bigger/established social LS with members already in endgame group and refer you. Getting referred by someone already in a top end LS is key here. I know more than one extremely big social LS on small servers, so they exist.. 2) Send a tell to established endgame group and offer your jobs to contribute. Ideally get a reference from people that's already in.

    Due to the size of small server, the "get reference" step, which is essential to get into very established groups rather than groups still growing and struggling for consistent clears, become extremely easy because it's easier to meet and pt with important people in town on small servers.

    Instead many returning player just sit in town waiting for shouts, find no shouts, listen to reddit recommendation and transfer. Some people ended up being successful after they transfer, but these are the minority. Many of them still struggle to get efficient ambu VD wins and suffer from long queue time, and they ended up having to lv SMN to get into top end groups or buy wins.

    Not saying you are the latter but I find these people often pop on the forum, claim small servers are dead, Asura ftw, on the same time they still complain on forums and chat about wiping in easy content like VD, UNM, Omen or ask "what job should I level to get into endgame", or complain about 20 min ambu queue time. While I never ever experience difficulty clearing those 139 content nor need to gear WHM GEO RUN SMN to do the hardest endgame in game on small server, nor have difficulty clearing anything I want to kill in game, on a small server.

    Because of that, I can't help but find Asura promotions on forums are slightly biased. It's not a heaven like everyone else describes.

    The door to endgame on small servers are always open to those who's nice, it's almost too easy to get in from my personal experience. When people pop on the forum claiming "small servers are dead" "it's harder to find enough people", it can't apply to everyone. It's experience from people who is never in the community to begin with, not experience from those who's in. For those that's in the community, the experience is drastically different: Tight-knit community, efficient higher lv content clears, low queue time, helpful and respectful members, list goes on. The benefit outweigh the slight AH inconvenience most of the time unless you have different work schedule from every group.

    For those who is not in the community, the door is basically wide open to anyone bother to send a tell.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-18-2018 at 02:18 AM.

  9. #29
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    705
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    People who want alliance content are probably playing games like WOW/ff14 which actually, you know, have combat systems that support them.
    (0)

  10. #30
    Player VoiceMemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    531
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I personally think it depends on your point of view. Since I've played for so long, Alliance content WAS how the game started, SE is just going back to it's roots. Dynamis D is much like how se described relics, that NOT everyone will be able to accomplish the goal. Game has gotten easier, but for me it's a welcome sight to see the game return to it's beginnings, where you had to have coordination, skill at jobs and faith in your fellow alliance members to accomplish the goal.
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast