Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Also, I didn't like alliance because of the Lag, it makes my head hurt, and it wrecks my poor little Personal Computer.
    I generally agree with you, I lag in 18 man dyna so much to the point that every action and macro swap will take 1+ sec, that seriously hinders performance and enjoyment. By design, alliance content is horrible itself.

That being said, from community perspective, I still think alliance content is good for the community.

FFXI endgame has been favoring small groups for very long time. Many group that I know of, has minimum members for max gain per merc or run. It's very common to see an endgame LS with core member of just 9 to 12 people and several alt. They don't accept any new members, except people with multiple top end jobs, alt and multiple REMA.

On the other hand, groups that accepts more lesser geared members and run events at 18/18 got punished heavily with less drops. And it has been that way in past 6 months.

I don't think it's fair in any way, personally.

Dyna has been out for over 6 months already, and multiple mid sized groups basically farmed their ass and made a lot of money by keeping the group lowman and BLU burn all things. They completed +3 at much faster pace since every members got more drops. By comparison the bigger group that had to go 18/18 due to the size of LS had to farm drops at much slower pace due to so many people needing clears on different jobs.

Now that wave 3 is out, it's basically the other way around. Big groups with tons of manpower got more advantage, and that's quite fair for people who struggle to include more people per run.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-10-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Player
    Alliance content was good for the community when there still was a community. Ship sailed.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    The op is in Bahamut. I wonder if they can even get enough people for alliance.
    Most active during Japanese prime time and most of them only speak Japanese. I was on Bahamut for years.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    And Asura fanboys strikes again, they seem to lurk on every forum, every discussion, take every chances to yell and scream "can't find groups on small servers" when it's not anywhere close to the truth.
    I'm originally from Fenrir. There were 250~300 people on at my time, and that was about two years ago. A lot of people have left Fenrir since then, and moved to Asura.

30% of which were more than likely mules and alts. So I'd estimate 175 as actual players.
    Discount the people (a) not interested in it (b) have their own static groups and you realise that alliances are hard to create. This is evident by looking at the /yells on those servers.

Asura last time I was on had 2300~ players online in my timezone. The maths says it all really? More people = greater number pool of people to pick from.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Alliance content was good for the community when there still was a community. Ship sailed.
    Last time I logged on, I think almost every shout was a mercenary shout, consisting of buy this or buy that.

So 5 minutes later I logged out again...
    (2)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Last time I logged on, I think almost every shout was a mercenary shout, consisting of buy this or buy that.

So 5 minutes later I logged out again...
    It hasn't changed a bit. But it does have that sporadic Ambuscade or "Please PL my lazy ass to 99..." /yell once in a while.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm originally from Fenrir. There were 250~300 people on at my time, and that was about two years ago. A lot of people have left Fenrir since then, and moved to Asura.

30% of which were more than likely mules and alts. So I'd estimate 175 as actual players.
    Discount the people (a) not interested in it (b) have their own static groups and you realise that alliances are hard to create. This is evident by looking at the /yells on those servers.

Asura last time I was on had 2300~ players online in my timezone. The maths says it all really? More people = greater number pool of people to pick from.
    If every alliance needs 500 people instead of just 18, what you said would be true.

If creating an endgame alliance is just the matter of server total number/18, what you said would be true as well.

If creating an alliance for ilv 149 is just the matter of logging on, /yell dynamis wave 3 team up? do you need it? 1/18 need REMA PLD GEO BRD DD, then enter + clear after it fills up, what you said would be true.

If creating an alliance for ilv 149 content is the same as creating an alliance for 119 content, then what you said would be true too.

If all the 2300 people on Asura aren't mostly casual and revolving door players that come back for story then quit before they are really ready for endgame then what you said would be true too.

But we all know that 2300 people server doesn't suddenly generate 127.7 alliance for ilv 149 content, the hardest content in game doesn't work that way, not anywhere close.

Because when it comes to hardest endgame in game, you don't just log on, "pick" people from this massive pool of player from 2300 people, filter them out by shouting for REMA, then copy a strategy posted on the forum and magically get win. It just doesn't work that way.

Just FYI, our server has 400 people, we made 18/18 alliance a day after wave3 was out, and have been 18/18 nearly every event before that. If creating a 18/18 alliance is just the matter of log on to a 2300 people server and pick people from this big pool, how come we don't see at least a dozen groups on Asura doing the same and clearing wave3 yet? Considering Asura has far more talented and well geared player than our dirt road servers, and much higher avg player quality, it should be easy, no?

Here is how endgame group really works for high end content. People don't actually log on, and go "hey let's do dynamis wave 3, I'll go shout for GEO BRD DD now, 2300 people on it must be easy". Instead, people work on building a community first. They do endgame events as a group multiple days per week, every week, for years, to build enough trust and connection between members. And that attracts more qualified players wanting to join. So when content like wave 3 comes, there are more than enough manpower to create an alliance content of 18/18 immediately.

It doesn't matter if your server has 300 people, or 3000 people. When it comes to the hardest endgame the difficulty of creating an alliance is the same. A community of player don't suddenly form out of nowhere. It requires consistently doing endgame as a group together for very long time, and consistently building the connection and trust with each members.

From that perspective, a server with 2300 people isn't necessary easier than a server of 300 people. Otherwise we'd see more than one Asura groups doing wave 3 with 18/18 instead of trying to recruit for more on AH.com like now.

I'm from a 400 people server, and like I said, we built 18/18 alliance a day after wave 3 is out, and has been 18/18 since forever. It takes 30 min to create an alliance of 18/18 that's capable of getting wave 3 win. I have several Asura friends in endgame community, none of them has the ability to build 18/18 winning alliance for ilv 149 wave 3 then get win, at least not atm. When it comes to the hardest endgame it simply doesn't work in a way that bigger server number = easier to fill up alliances. 300 people and 2300 people is exactly the same when it comes to difficulty to build high lv endgame alliance. Whoever works the hardest to build a stable community will have the easiest time building a successful 18/18 alliance.

So yeah, my answer to this question is the same:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    The op is in Bahamut. I wonder if they can even get enough people for alliance.
    Yes they can. And they done it faster than Asura, thank you for your concern but please fanboy the server elsewhere.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-11-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The JP's are already "confused" about requiring wave3 as translated here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...July-6-July-12

By "confused" i'm sure they meant "outraged", and they're going to add ways outside of garbage alliance content to allow you to upgrade your RMEA's.

Yay!
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 07-15-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    The JP's are already "confused" about requiring wave3 as translated here:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...July-6-July-12

By "confused" i'm sure they meant "outraged", and they're going to add ways outside of garbage alliance content to allow you to upgrade your RMEA's.

Yay!
    The possibility of add'l routes for earning RP for the incoming DREAM augments was included in what they said during FP40 when they talked about Wave3. JPs were confused because the devs did not really want to nail anything down yet as it was still in the planning stage, and admitted that they probably said more than they should have yet, all of which adds up to confusion in the ranks. They had to expand on what was said a bit, in the summary. There was also something about Fujito saying some stuff on his personal Twitter account accidentally that seemed to ruffle a lot of feathers, though I've not run across the details of what was said, but he did write a post apologizing for it on JPside of these forums already.

It wasn't so much outrage, as it was simple confusion since we were given only a small part of the details basically.

The summary just confirms that they've decided that they are going to add the add'l routes rather than maybe add them.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Afania you just sound like your crying
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast