Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by LakshmiClouxx View Post
    Well, you can trade to Maat and zone every time, but farming the appropriate testimonies, only being able to hold ONE testimony for each job, and then if hes chilling in North Gustaberg (s), its nearly an all day thing to try and recruit him. Trading him testimonies doesn't give him anymore of an influence boost than talking to Rainemard as a RDM. Just a pain. I guess the same goes for Titania too but i've been lucky in keeping her loyalty for a while now.

And OMG that was a huge request I wanted to make too, BOOST WINDY'S ARMY! Windy can almost never hold a single base in our server... nearly every week. I think the entire time i've been doing campaign, Bastok and Windy held the northern bases maybe once or twice when people were very active. But its obvious the Elvaan armies are much stronger than Bastoks and Windys army. I get the squishy Taru joke from years ago but Windy's army dies so quickly to the Yagudos, and even worse from the northern enemies. They don't even stand a small chance without player support.

I used to do Campaign Ops regularly to keep reconnaissance up, but lately I haven't done it much. I know if you spam the Ops to raise supply and equipment for your army it really helps.
    What nation are you allied to? I notice that if you manage to take over the beastmen stronghold it helps keep the outer areas under control. They usually spam their area trying to get the fortification count back up so they aren't out attacking your areas. Plus steadily destroying them in their area lowers the morale immensely causing to send their armies less often. In turn causing your troops to get stronger from standing there winning battles.

This is the only way I managed to keep windy afloat so long. Plan on attacking the northlands so bastok and windy will be the only ones this week that are able to defend it if I do manage to take it over by tomorrow.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    What nation are you allied to? I notice that if you manage to take over the beastmen stronghold it helps keep the outer areas under control. They usually spam their area trying to get the fortification count back up so they aren't out attacking your areas. Plus steadily destroying them in their area lowers the morale immensely causing to send their armies less often. In turn causing your troops to get stronger from standing there winning battles.

This is the only way I managed to keep windy afloat so long. Plan on attacking the northlands so bastok and windy will be the only ones this week that are able to defend it if I do manage to take it over by tomorrow.
    Athlir that brings up a good point. Even a cool chocobo trust would be a nice addition. Heck, more beastmen/monster trusts would be really welcoming at this point too (wheres my pixie or poroggo trust!?). Still not a single Orc or Quadav trust on the roster either -.-

Wallace, I am allied to Sandy. With most freelancers under us, we usually keep our forts perfectly through the tally, minus the main beastmen strongholds. If I decide to strike out north, I gotta be committed to it for the next couple of weeks because when freelancers lose a battle, they lose influence and then it becomes a hassle to try and keep their influence for sandy high. That brings me to another complaint, when your nation takes over their respective beastmens main stronghold, the beastmen are still on defense and your army has to go on the offense to DEFEND that territory! Its so stupid. Even the message prompt will say "The orcs are coming to attack," but then they are actually defending and I believe they replenish orcs too when you defeat one. That makes no sense if your nation took over the stronghold!! Plus its impossible for the allied nation to hold any main stronghold on their own because the beastmen will FIERCELY attack it to try and take it back with 4+ armies at a time, which does make sense but then it devolves into a lag-fest to try and help defend it.

lol sorry for the rant... I rarely get to talk about campaign this extensively >.>
    (1)
    Last edited by LakshmiClouxx; 07-11-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by LakshmiClouxx View Post
    Athlir that brings up a good point. Even a cool chocobo trust would be a nice addition. Heck, more beastmen/monster trusts would be really welcoming at this point too (wheres my pixie or poroggo trust!?). Still not a single Orc or Quadav trust on the roster either -.-

Wallace, I am allied to Sandy. With most freelancers under us, we usually keep our forts perfectly through the tally, minus the main beastmen strongholds. If I decide to strike out north, I gotta be committed to it for the next couple of weeks because when freelancers lose a battle, they lose influence and then it becomes a hassle to try and keep their influence for sandy high. That brings me to another complaint, when your nation takes over their respective beastmens main stronghold, the beastmen are still on defense and your army has to go on the offense to DEFEND that territory! Its so stupid. Even the message prompt will say "The orcs are coming to attack," but then they are actually defending and I believe they replenish orcs too when you defeat one. That makes no sense if your nation took over the stronghold!! Plus its impossible for the allied nation to hold any main stronghold on their own because the beastmen will FIERCELY attack it to try and take it back with 4+ armies at a time, which does make sense but then it devolves into a lag-fest to try and help defend it.

lol sorry for the rant... I rarely get to talk about campaign this extensively >.>
    I need to start working on freelancers again windurst currently has the information taru and azima. Going to try to work on the unicorn it's pretty beastly in battle from the 1 time I did get it. It's really annoying and messy when trying to take the northlands. Trying to take beaucedine and xarcabard one week then going for the castle the next usually ends up with me taking the castle and losing beaucedine and xarcabard so frustrating. I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed with the beastmen stronghold stuff. Makes no sense that we take over the stronghold only to be trying to fight off 5-6 armies of orcs that replenish. It gets so laggy that I can't do stronghold battle on anything other than smn,bst,blm or I'll get animation locked and die. They also need to lower the amount of campaign op mission completions it takes to unlock the next rank. No one wants to do 15 Cut and Cauterize to unlock the next one it already takes like 10+mins to do.
    I try to raise the funds for my nation because I read it ties into better armor for your troops but it seems damn near impossible I've been stuck at 2 stars forever it feels like. Another thing that I find annoying is the battle strategies. I always pick Battleline Preservation and Public Security, but it never fails to end up on preemptive strike some damn way. Usually sending the army off to their deaths: Gairi and Kayeel spend the week getting destroy in the northland while the other 3 will attack the beastmen stronghold and die over and over again.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BBWallace View Post
    I need to start working on freelancers again windurst currently has the information taru and azima. Going to try to work on the unicorn it's pretty beastly in battle from the 1 time I did get it. It's really annoying and messy when trying to take the northlands. Trying to take beaucedine and xarcabard one week then going for the castle the next usually ends up with me taking the castle and losing beaucedine and xarcabard so frustrating. I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed with the beastmen stronghold stuff. Makes no sense that we take over the stronghold only to be trying to fight off 5-6 armies of orcs that replenish. It gets so laggy that I can't do stronghold battle on anything other than smn,bst,blm or I'll get animation locked and die. They also need to lower the amount of campaign op mission completions it takes to unlock the next rank. No one wants to do 15 Cut and Cauterize to unlock the next one it already takes like 10+mins to do.
    I try to raise the funds for my nation because I read it ties into better armor for your troops but it seems damn near impossible I've been stuck at 2 stars forever it feels like. Another thing that I find annoying is the battle strategies. I always pick Battleline Preservation and Public Security, but it never fails to end up on preemptive strike some damn way. Usually sending the army off to their deaths: Gairi and Kayeel spend the week getting destroy in the northland while the other 3 will attack the beastmen stronghold and die over and over again.
    lol BB you just described all of campaign for solo players in a nutshell. I highly recommend for you to go for the easy freelancers, at the very least, they defend strongholds really well. I think the easier ones to recruit are: Ferrocious Coffin, Duskraven, and Ulla/Kilhwch when they are unallied. They are all three RIGHT next to a zone so its not as time consuming. Duskraven is a really great freelancer too because he comes with a mini army of his own to the battlefield.

Yeah taking the northern bases... you are speaking volumes to me man. Its impossible to defend against beastmen mainstronghold, beaucedine and xarcabard while trying hard to take castle zvahl baileys. Thats why when it comes to that, I would love to have even just 3 or 4 other players on average participation for campaign. AND the effing lag! Omg.. I like campaigning as white mage because I like keeping the allied NPCs alive, but that damn animation lock when theres an overwhelming amount of enemies is ridiculous! Its definitely best to go with an AOE blaster to defend/attack main beastmen strongholds.

I honestly just stopped doing campaign ops, but I used to be so committed to try and keep the overall army stats up and it was SO time consuming. I ended up just feeling like the victories from attacking/defending were more rewarding, but getting better armor and supplies for troops is still crucial to helping the armies out. And battle strategies... that just feels useless. I remember experimenting with it and for one tally run I decided to advise a full offensive strategy to all the categories, and then the next tally I tried to advise a full defensive style of strategy. I didn't notice a difference at all. My theory on that is, there is a bar that is set right in the middle on each category at the beginning of each tally and every player that gives their opinion only slightly fills/lowers the respective bar. So that set of content for campaign was aimed for alot of players participating in it. As for recommending commanders, I kind of feel like more freelancers will join the commander you recommend, but that's pure speculation. I still try it for roleplaying, but thats my opinion. Kudas to you for keeping on the ops!
    (0)
    Last edited by LakshmiClouxx; 07-12-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I really hope they get rid of the zoning to influence freelancers. Got so annoyed I stopped trying to get, managed to get Lewenhart,Porggo Prince, Ulla this week. Duskraven, Azima, Ferrous Coffin, The Unicorn, The plant thingy are sitting at Most Probably so I'll get them next week I suppose. Maat is on that mountain in North Gustaburg I can't be bothered to even run out that way.
    (0)

Yeah don't even bother with Maat when hes up there. Well happy campaigning man, it was good to vent abit.
    (0)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Still waiting for a campaign QoL update
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3