Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

RMT activity yells

Any where on the site here to make a list of RMTs that I notice log on for about 2 minutes, make 2 yells, then log off /yelling to go visit [F F X I S H O P] with "month####" coupon deals? On Asura it is always from Port Sandoria I see them.
    This is in order to help SE delete these accounts and make the site have to repay for all their mules over & over making them stop their annoying RMT actions?
    I have a few character names that I see always log in, do 1 or 2 /yells, then log off so no one can "report" them in time to have GMs delete or warn them.
    Can we make a list of names here that SE can then use to delete these people? We don't need more RMT's again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 06-18-2018 at 04:45 AM. Reason: title change

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You will need to report each and everyone to the STF team via the relevant form.

Listing player names here (regardless of what they may or may not be up to) is against the Forum rules.
    (0)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's interesting that the spam has begun again. Has the game become more popular or is it merely supply and demand thing? When was the last time they did spam in yells?
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They log in, do 1 yell for it, wait 1 minute, do second yell. then log out. Rinse wash repeat with a different mule. No one mule ever on longer than 3 minutes.
    And yeah i knew about no names in here, but thought i'd ask anyways. uggh lots of STF forms to go. Just wish they'd STFU.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    They log in, do 1 yell for it, wait 1 minute, do second yell. then log out. Rinse wash repeat with a different mule. No one mule ever on longer than 3 minutes.
    And yeah i knew about no names in here, but thought i'd ask anyways. uggh lots of STF forms to go. Just wish they'd STFU.
    Yep. I have seen them a few times between the usual trolling/toxic yells of Asura.

They probably also delete the name as soon as they have yelled, or maybe just yell on said player name a few times, and then trash it.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    It's interesting that the spam has begun again. Has the game become more popular or is it merely supply and demand thing? When was the last time they did spam in yells?
    Maybe its targeted at what seems to be a new influx of returning/new players.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    You will need to report each and everyone to the STF team via the relevant form.

Listing player names here (regardless of what they may or may not be up to) is against the Forum rules.
    Since you seem to have some experience with the actual reporting process, I was wondering if you knew if it was possible to submit a report with a list of compiled names of offenders, rather than having to do one at a time. It might help encourage others to go thru the hassle of making a report if they could, for example, note the names of offenders done in an hour when they are standing around in town and report it as a batch rather than singly. I'll be honest. I only use the in-game report to GM system for problem players, so I haven't tried batch reporting to the STF myself. I for one, would probably change that to STF reports if the burden of time/effort on my end was minimal.

The devs did just recently readdress the issue of RMT shouting, reconfirmed that it IS against the TOS, IS a punishable offense, and encouraged players to report offenders thru the proper channels (meaning submitted to the STF via the proscribed form.) Just in case anyone else is doubting that anything will be done, the devs are fully aware of the revival of loud RMT and are looking to do something about it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-19-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Since you seem to have some experience with the actual reporting process, I was wondering if you knew if it was possible to submit a report with a list of compiled names of offenders, rather than having to do one at a time.
    Yes, it explains how to on the STF form.

(0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    Yes, I didn't see any of the RMT yells for the last few years. And it was nice to not see that filthy low-class behaviour during my sacred FFXI gaming time.

Then in the POL Dev's Official 16th Birthday Message they said "here's to another sixteen years!", and within 48 hours of that POL Message, the RMT yells started again.

So I think the RMT had, in recent years, given up on this game as a long-term prospect, but then they heard that FFXI is actually very much alive and Devs are talking about "16 more years" or even longer.

FFXI is the greatest computer game in the history of the universe! People who said that FFXI was dying, those people were wrong! FFXI will never die!
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Two questions: Where IS the link for the STF form (in English) to use? And here's an option: Make the ability to /yell limited to lv.51 and above (making them do the first Genkai this way? Maybe other requirements like needing subjob unlocked too? Just thought that'd be a good idea; that would slow down the RMT yellers from creating a lv.1, doing a few yells, then deleting it and redoing another mule. Their time would be severely limited then.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast