Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    5hr?lol you wish, coming from someone without a aeonic.
    Take at least 8-10hr just to farm beads straight.
    You can't just pug through it either.
    Pops aren't free.
    A random new smn'r can't burn hard mobs.
    Resetting 1hr for hard mobs takes time.
    List goes on. Get your facts and crying correct.
    (1)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Also you'r missing one point of aeonic's completely.
    REM weapons can be done by a player without even any ilv gear. On the other hand aeonics's require skill, team work, and close to the best gear currently.
    Think you forgot to add that in your equation of 5hr.
    Add maybe a few months or a year of farming gear for a job that is then worthy to be part of a group that's capable of defeating all the mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm not sure why this is a thing? Aeonics are two and a half years old now... People have them, whether you agree with the strategy or not, smn burning is a valid way of killing.

I don't see any benefit with punishing those who haven't completed Aeonics yet, the time for crying out for changes was two years ago.

Focus ahead to the new content, Dynamis weapons and the empyrean upgrades
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    I'm not sure why this is a thing? Aeonics are two and a half years old now... People have them, whether you agree with the strategy or not, smn burning is a valid way of killing.

I don't see any benefit with punishing those who haven't completed Aeonics yet, the time for crying out for changes was two years ago.

Focus ahead to the new content, Dynamis weapons and the empyrean upgrades
    Agreed. We're WAY beyond the point from the conclusion of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel story to worry or talk about nerfing jobs as it is. I rather not want to see something that gets botched / butchered way more than how much at very little to nothing they compensate to "fix" or "bandaid" (Monk's flawed boost for example, and 30 seconds of focus and dodge?)

Right now every month had been just small patch updates and changes to ambuscade, every few months or so with planned new content updates or other stuff. If that's all that had been going on for almost 2-3 years, I rather not see them wait until the last minute to drastically change something that would have big negative impact.

Also take note how little to no communication we had with the dev team from our side. (NOT counting announcements for campaigns, contests, version updates) but at the point from mid 2017 and 2018 and beyond , I really have such doubts about it that I don't want to bother with.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 06-16-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Player
    Give it a month or two. Divergence weapons will make any debate over the easiness of obtaining an Aeonic weapon pure silliness and essentially raging over a moot point. Will it really matter if specific group comps can complete an Aeonic faster than others once we can literally buy something equivalent from a crafter?
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    It will always matter. Nothing is going to beat 10stp and 500tp bonus.

*For specific jobs

The best shouldn't be the easiest/fastest/cheapest
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Give it a month or two. Divergence weapons will make any debate over the easiness of obtaining an Aeonic weapon pure silliness and essentially raging over a moot point. Will it really matter if specific group comps can complete an Aeonic faster than others once we can literally buy something equivalent from a crafter?
    Your translations are consistently wrong, so please stop going around claiming you know the future of this game.

Anyways, there's absolutely zero reason the EASIEST, essentially free and quickest RMEA should give level4 skillchains while the other don't. This is a huge oversight and I hope they plan on adding level 4 SC's to every RMEA. It's really unfair that things that take more work and dedication don't even get level4 skillchains.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 06-16-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Player
    It's from FP39: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...diel-39-Digest

We are considering adding weapons to Dynamis-Divergence that are as powerful as the strongest weapons currently available, as well as further upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean weapons.
    They talked about it considerably more in the broadcast than this one line from the English summary of course. ^^ I actually erred on the side of caution in my initial translation, but Divergence weapons are coming, and they are intended to be stronger than any sellable/purchasable weapon we've ever seen. Fujito repeatedly called them "expensive" though, and given that they have been stated to require a completed Escutcheon in order to make them, I doubt they are going to be amazingly common for quite some time to come.

Still want to argue that being able to buy a RMEA equivalent from the AH (or craft one yourself) is not going to make this complaint seem silly by comparison?
    (3)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-16-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I love how 2~ years ago people complained about aeonic being horrible and "not worth the effort" because it sucks and too hard to get. And somehow now it's da best REMA.

Besides VERY few jobs aeonic isn't by all end all best weapon for those jobs, most of the time they are the best weapon for specific WS or multi stepping. WAR would use chango for upheaval but not resolution, DRK wouldn't use aeonic for torcleaver, COR doesn't use aeonic for savage blade, BLU doesn't use aeonic for CDC, RUN doesn't use aeonic for tanking etc.

If someone wants to be good at a job, they need all relevant REMA, not just one. From that perspective aeonic doesn't rule above REM, it's on the same tier. Sometimes you want to use A, sometimes you want to use M, sometimes E etc.

As far as the price goes, aeonic market price is about 100m to 150m afaik. That's about the same as other ultimate weapons, it is not cheaper.

For those who could get aeonic for free, there are hidden price associate with it, they usually gear another job at top end level to get into groups, or make connections for it. You don't just start a brand new character in ilv 117 gears and make aeonic in 5 days like another guy in endgame LS with nirvana/idris etc. The time and gil they spent on another job to get into groups often already surpassed the price to build a REM. Try to get into a group that could finish aeonics in 4hr without having a nirvana/idris first, I promise you it will be very very difficult. And those gears already cost gil.

Although it is possible to get aeonic without nirvana/idris by playing a different job like COR or RUN, you'd need even more connection for that.

And how much time it would cost to build such connection? Many, many hours.

Without Nirvana/Idris, I got one of my aeonic free from a group that I don't belong because I know someone that was in it. We played together for countless hours before that even happens. And THAT was part of the time investment. If I haven't invest time on my connection I wouldn't get that.

From this perspective, aeonic isn't "faster/easier/cheaper" than relic/mythic/empy. It's just opinions from people who would gear to do content anyways, so it feels that way since hidden costs are ignored.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mythics are 200m, 1 person gets it. Takes weeks. All of them are garbage for melee jobs.
    Emps are 200m, 1 person gets it. Takes weeks. Good weapons.
    Relics are ~120m 1 person gets it. Can be gotten in a day,nearly all of them are garbage for melee jobs(kikoku and gugnir exceptions)
    Aeonics are free, take 1 day, up to 18 people get it from 1 completion. 100-150m to buy from a group, but still up to 18 people get it at once. Are generally the best weapons.

Not sure why you brought up greatsword when a 3m item is better than RMEA greatswords outside lionheart(which drk and war would use if they were on and never touch another greatsword again), and aettir is ~3m and better in epeo in nearly every situation except master trials and vinipata but that just further proves my point - easier cheaper quicker(auction house for DD gsword, JSE weapon for tanking) items shouldn't be stronger than things that take WEEKS and hundreds of millions to make.

Buff RME's, nerf aeonics to the ground.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 06-18-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast