Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Let's see......

Not garbage mythics for melee jobs(RDM COR included, pet/mage/ranged job doesn't count):
    Murgleis: Best enfeebling weapon
    Vajra: For SA/TA only fight like Ernys
    Liberator: Best macc weapon and prebuff with absorb.
    Tizona: For situations that needs MP.
    Death Penalty: Best leaden salute gun
    Epeolatry: Best tanking/hybrid tanking weapon.
    Terpsichore: To my knowledge, Best TP spam weapon.

Not so useful melee mythics:
    Conqueror, Glanzfaust, Koga, Nagi, Ryuno

7 melee mythics are useful, 5 melee mythics aren't so useful.

Relic: Let's see again, besides mage/ranged/Kikoku/gungnir

Not so garbage:
    Spharai: I believe this is still the best weapon for counter tanking, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Excalibur: Fusion WS for RDM, or nice aftermath.
    Ragnarok: Max melee acc build for GS
    Apocalypse: Best choice for tanking and "oh my WHM just d/c" kind of oh shit moments. Honestly out of all REMA I think this weapon is the most job changing one for DRK.
    Amano: Max acc build

so again, 7 melee relic aren't garbage. The only not so useful relic in the list would be Mandau and (I'm not a fan of) Bravura.

Compare with aeonic, aeonic really doesn't get devastating advantage. It's like mythic or relic, you use it when situations needs it, but it's not meant to be used full time for every situations.

I brought up GS because the ideal choice for DRK DPS vomit is still Calad, which is empyrean not aeonic. The "3m" item isn't viable for DRK because of MP drain, once MP is all gone Calad would pull far ahead. Calad is just that, one beast of GS. So "aeonic is best" doesn't apply here.

Also wtf with Aettir is better than epeo? Epeo is one of the most job changing weapon on RUN or even entire game. It's THE best weapon for hybrid tanking, and it creates much more room for error for tanks. There are always time that WHM d/c, R0, reacts slow, or leader just use pt setup without WHM. The flexibility of epeo that allows RUN to stay alive in all of above situations is irreplaceable. Nevermind the fact that epeo maintains high level of output in 40%+ DT hybrid tanking set, which can be pushed to 75% PDT- in a sec without suffering from TP lose, while lionheart can't do it as smoothly, not even close.

Having the ability to aoe liement saves lives sometimes, and highest enmity in weapon slot is icing on the cake.

Aettir has like what?....meva and more meva. Nobody cares about meva on RUN. We already resist everything without aettir. It can't DD as well as epeo, it can't survive as well as epeo. It's just a functional weapon that get things done, that's it.

It makes absolutely zero sense that the usefulness of REM weapons are downplayed to this level.....aeonics are good. But they are not by all end all best of the very best weapon.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 06-18-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Let's see......

Not garbage mythics for melee jobs
    Murgleis: Best enfeebling weapon Not meleeing
    Vajra: For SA/TA only fight like Ernys Not engaging meleeing (using as utility, not melee)
    Liberator: Best macc weapon and prebuff with absorb. macc not meleeing
    Tizona: For situations that needs MP. Nothing where thats accurate
    Death Penalty: Best leaden salute gun Obviously NOT MELEE
    Epeolatry: Best tanking/hybrid tanking weapon. Not a mythic
    Terpsichore: To my knowledge, Best TP spam weapon. This is only correct because PK is uniquely quite good.

Not so useful melee mythics:
    All but DNC

1 melee mythics are useful,
    Relic: Let's see again, besides mage/ranged/Kikoku/gungnir

Not so garbage:
    Spharai: I believe this is still the best weapon for counter tanking, correct me if I'm wrong. Jolts are better, for counter.
    Excalibur: Fusion WS for RDM, or nice aftermath.Just no
    Ragnarok: Max melee acc build for GS
    Apocalypse: Best choice for tanking and "oh my WHM just d/c" kind of oh shit moments. Honestly out of all REMA I think this weapon is the most job changing one for DRK.lolScythe
    Amano: Max acc build
    Corrected, text to short.
    (1)
    Last edited by Halley; 06-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I totally agree with Afania, and honestly, the fact that people don't know how to use their weapons doesn't make them useless.

Trishula an Chango seem to win, ninja aeonic seems to win too but other than that I usually see more DPS from empys or relics.

I play DNC as main job and Terpsichore is by far the best DD and utility dagger making Aeneas worthless unless you are allowed to 4-step skillchain which hardly ever happens.

I'm not saying aeonics are not good but I don't agree every aeonic is best for that job
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Corrected, text to short.
    Corrected or incorrect? If you wanna argue points about weapons, maybe you'd need more than "text to short"

Murgleis/Vajra: So they are used, thus not garbage.
    Liberator: Prebuff with boosted absorb stat is part of melee. A calad DRK with liberator access would still do more dmg than calad drk without. In that case it's not garbage.
    Tizona: You didn't provide any context, nor discuss the DPS of Tizona/raetic +1 combo with math. Not convinced.
    Death Penalty: Melee with DP and spam leaden salute is a legit and useful playstyle, obviously it's a weapon for a job that MELEES.
    Epeo: Ergons are grouped together with mythic.

Relic:
    Excalibur: Just no for what? Multi stepping SC with inundation is a big part of RDM DD playstyle, having fusion WS opens options.
    Apoc: Lolscythe that comes with Catastrophe, a WS that often saves people's life in oh shit moments? Last time I checked, dead DD does no DPS.

It's very easy to dismiss a weapon entirely with one single sentence like "lolscythe" or "just no" without even saying why, isn't it. It's almost like "it suck because I said so".

But that totally isn't legit in a buff/nerf weapons discussion on official forums. And it's ridiculous with amount of people bashing weapons on forums just because they excel at one thing but not everything. Then people got super focused on what they can't do instead of what they're best at.

This is FFXI, gears aren't meant to be used for EVERY situation. That's my point.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 06-18-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Player
    You guys forgot Aymur. :x AM affects both master/pet, Primal Rend can be used to open Darkness w/ two pets closing it, (chapuli/Tegmina Buffet, and tulfaire/Pentapeck) and I've heard that it will most likely never leave my main-hand slot once mine is completed. Given the official stance on BST being intended to be a melee, it should be included in the argument.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Kikoku, Apoc, and gugnir are the only good melee relics. Most people won't find them useful because always in 18 man alliances so don't value defense down procs, +10% attk AM or skillchain properties or value survivability on a job with negative survivability and almost non-existent mevasion.

Aeonics are generally BIS for every single situation, while other RME's are niche to borderline useless.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 06-19-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Use one weapon for every single situation is antithesis of playing FFXI.
    (1)

Player
    Use one weapon for every single situation is antithesis of playing FFXI.
    That's literally why Aeonics shouldn't be as good as they are. Invalidating your own argument.

Aeonics ARE the best in every single situation that matters. Stating otherwise is just lying. *melee
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    That's literally why Aeonics shouldn't be as good as they are. Invalidating your own argument.

Aeonics ARE the best in every single situation that matters. Stating otherwise is just lying. *melee
    "Matters" or not is subjective. I'm not even sure if "subjective" is accurate description now, more like "biased".

I use DP/Armageddon instead of fomalhaut when situations calls for it.

My DRK friend uses apoc/calad/liberator way more often than Anguta.

My WAR friend uses Ukon just as often as Chango.

My BLU friend uses Almace or Tizona quite often instead of sequence all things.

My DNC friend uses terp 90% of time.....you get the point.

Also fairly certain Masa is still the best weapon for TP zerg with right TP set, based on last sim result discussions.

All of above jobs are melee jobs.

This entire argument is just one side repeatedly uses "These weapons are useless because I said so" as their only argument, ignoring FACTS that plenty of passionate players uses them ALL.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 06-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Player
    "Matters" or not is subjective. I'm not even sure if "subjective" is accurate description now, more like "biased".

I use DP/Armageddon instead of fomalhaut when situations calls for it. Not melee for the 5th time

My DRK friend uses apoc/calad/liberator way more often than Anguta.still lolscythe, pay attention

My WAR friend uses Ukon just as often as Chango. Your friend is bad and should feel bad

My BLU friend uses Almace or Tizona quite often instead of sequence all things.No one should be sequencing all the things, that's only because CDC doesn't really benefit from the 500 tp bonus. there's a 100% chance if your friend uses zona they're terrible.

My DNC friend uses terp 90% of time.....you get the point.

Also fairly certain Masa is still the best weapon for TP zerg with right TP set, based on last sim result discussions.

All of above jobs are melee jobs.
    FACTS
    The word fact and the part about dnc is the only part that was correct

Everything you stated was opinion. You LIKE to use this weapon instead of that weapon. your friend LIKES to use this instead of that.

How you feel about it doesn't matter.
    (1)
    Last edited by Halley; 06-19-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast