Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    You never know what square has in mind.

(melee) mythics need a gigantic boost. Relics all need a little boost. Empys are pretty decent but you have to boost them up to keep inline with +ing M/R... aeonics don't need it, but there will be endless whining if you dont...

MYTHICAL weapons should be the best... and zero of them are (melee). Ryunohinge went from the best weapon in the game to dead last with the 119-III change... that's just... insulting.

*That's not 100% true, there are still worse weapons, lolnagi
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 06-12-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, mythics and emps are by far the most effort and should be the strongest two weapons. I'm not sure which is more effort, as I've NEVER made a mythic, but whichever is should be slightly stronger. Aeonics and relics should be the weakest as they can both be done in a day, however, in the time you make 1 relic, you could've made 18 people aeonics.

Aeonics should be by far the weakest.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Realize the game was "originally" designed to MAKE you spend a lot of time in the game.
    (Remember how quests and storylines had "Wait until next JP midnight to progress"?)
    More time spent in game meant more money paid for your subscription.
    More money to pay-to-play meant they were in business longer.
    THAT'S main reason why things took so long to complete usually; it kept the game running and paid for.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, and aeonics go completely against that. So does AC burning(which is why aeonics are a joke).

People are getting 2100 summoner/nirvana, AC burning their aeonics then quitting the game within 2-3 months.

Aeonics need to be massively nerfed, so that people have a reason to do lengthy grindy content for better rewards(emps/mythics).
    (3)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Another shiyo nerf thread.....
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Yeah, and aeonics go completely against that. So does AC burning(which is why aeonics are a joke).

People are getting 2100 summoner/nirvana, AC burning their aeonics then quitting the game within 2-3 months.

Aeonics need to be massively nerfed, so that people have a reason to do lengthy grindy content for better rewards(emps/mythics).
    I still say take away all Aeonics built with SMNs. That would be the single funniest thing ever.
    (0)

Player
    Aeonics are the only ones out of the "Ultimate Weapons" that can not be soloed. I'm guessing the devs decided that being forced to play with others was enough of an offset to bypass the gil sink stage.

Out of morbid curiosity, I'm wondering how long it will take you to spaz out about the incoming crafted Divergence weapons, which are supposed to be on par with current RMEA weapons.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

8. 06-14-2018 10:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Add another step, make it cost 200m+.

No reason for ZERO GIL ultimate weapons to exist, when other weapons are upwards of 200m(mythics/emps) and relics are still ~100m.

The strongest ultimate weapons(overall, also ignoring nirvana becuase lol smn) shouldn't be have ZERO gil cost when the other ultimate weapons have a very, very, very high gil cost.
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with you my friend. I don't see the need to add another hurdle, like gil cost, to obtain Aeonics. Also keep in mind a few things:

1) It is difficult enough to defeat Geas Fete NMs.

2) Most folks grind hard on mythics and empys without dependencies on gil (like myself, which is why I don't have many)

3) It's easier for Devs to hold campaigns with increase drop rates for folks to obtain beads, cinders/dross, HMPs, alexs, HP Bayld, ect. at a much faster rate, thus leading to less gil dependency.

4) Most folks are focusing on getting better gear first and leaving Aeonic/Mythics/Empys/Relics last since there are some incredible weapons out there to use in the meantime.

5) Majority of the people I know love this method because it gives LS things do. I haven't seen this many Event LS since the days of lvl 75 of camping time-spawn HNMs. (Dragon's Aery anyone?)

Don't get me wrong, I see your point, but I can't swallow that idea.
    (1)

Player
    Aeonics are the best method of weapon to obtain. It's group effort vs just gil.

Problem is it's not being done as intended. Aeonics are every bit of what empyreans should've been. 50 Glavoid shells? No. Hell no. Team up and kill 20 Glavoids, awesome.

Then you start conduit burning everything and it lost all meaning.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post

1) It is difficult enough to defeat Geas Fete NMs.
    No it's not. Takes 4-5 hours to AC burn an entire aeonic.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast