Character
    Dantaris
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Going to cancel my subscription

I'm incredibly frustrated with the technical issues I've encountered trying to come back to this game years later. I have an Intel HD 4000 graphics card and Windows 7 on the laptop I'm using, I meet all the specifications needed, and yet character models won't render for me in the game. I made sure that my card is updated to the current driver, and it still hasn't fixed the issue. I've even tried going back to an earlier driver, but I'm unable to manually install it. Any advice would be appreciated, though I think I'll likely just have to cancel my subscription since I'm receiving no help from the game's technical support.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While most modern PCs can get the game to work today, there is no guarantee of support for specific graphics cards. As I recall though I'm pretty sure intel integrated graphics have always had issues with this game. Maybe someone else will come along and say it works on theirs. However, in the system requirements:
    MINIMUM:

Processor: Pentium®III 800Mhz or faster processor
    Memory: 128 MB
    Graphics: GeForce™ series with 32 MB or RADEON™ 9000 series
    DirectX®: DirectX® 8.1 or higher
    Hard Drive: 13 GB of free space or more
    Sound: DirectX® 8.1 or higher
    Internet Connection: 56k or faster

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Pentium®4 processor
    Memory: 256 MB
    Graphics: GeForce FX™ series or GeForce 6 series
    DirectX®: DirectX® 8.1 or higher
    Hard Drive: 13 GB of free space or more
    Sound: DirectX® 8.1 or higher
    Internet Connection: Broadband

Only Nvidia and Radeon (AMD) graphics cards are officially supported. Intel graphics is not. Thus, you don't actually meet the system requirements. (In spite of the fact that the game barely uses your GPU and is much more CPU dependent).

That being said, the threat of you cancelling your sub isn't going to get it fixed, because it isn't actually supported, unfortunately, and tech support won't help you with unsupported hardware, even if it may or may not sort of work.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-13-2018 at 09:56 AM.