Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

synergy question

in making shiva ring+1's is pressure important? or is it all just plain luck. because im stuck on the fence about that one.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    What helps in getting HQ results is how smoothly everything goes overall.
    Pressure under 15%.
    Cleaning out restrewn fewell from crucible. (This was mentioned MANY times as the #1 item to keep lowest for most HQ results. In my experience, it is.)
    Avoiding any bursts or explosions.
    How fast you got to desired results.
    Keep all those at as minimum as possible, then your HQ results increase.
    (1)

Player
    Pressure does nothing but affect the damage dealt by explosions. Supposedly lowers chance of a leak too, but I still get leaks at normal rates even with near zero pressure.

Collecting strewn fewell does nothing but increase cinder obtained after an explosion. Should NEVER have the opportunity to use this when aiming for HQs since it should never explode.

All values w/in +/-2 from targets. Perfect match does not guarantee HQ.

No explosions allowed to go off.

Synergy skill affects results too, possibly in the same way that craft skills have HQ tiers. Synergy HQ tiers are unknown, unconfirmed and purely hypothetical still though, plus synergy caps at only 80, so if there are actually HQ tiers, then they are hopefully different than synthesis' +11/+31/+51. Personal experience says that IF there are tiers tho, then they would have to be lower, as I have ~80%-90% HQ rate on fotias/incanters. XD

Required non-synergy skills have no bearing on synergy HQ rate, and minimums for those are equal to the normal recipe's natural cap (when there is a normal recipe.)

Best HQ rate = capped synergy skill, no explosions.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    so basically pressure doesn't matter, and its random, so is it truly better to go faster on making them within the 0 1 2 range?
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    thanks you guys I made 2 in a row off the start.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If you want the absolute best chance to HQ the highest end items then you MUST get perfect match above all else.

I'm not sure I agree with no explosions allowed. Maybe a npc somewhere says that. The problem I always faced was if explosion goes off you may as well walk away to end the attempt and try again. So I would never actually finish an attempt after an explosion to begin with.

There is one thing that is unknown about and mere speculation that it improves HQs, but when thwacking and you achieve a rare proc of getting a straighter silhouette. I usually try to do it when I know I can get away with it but it's so rare. I know alot about it because I used to do someone's synergy augs for old gear and he was paying me good money for tatters so I took the time to get those thwack procs because he insisted, and it took some time. I did cap some of his augments no problem so lol, take it however you will. The thing is there's no good reason for the 'proc' to happen at all so one must presume it does at least something good to be as rare as it is. I think it was something along the lines of 1 in 20 or 1 in 30 chance of going off but with augments it was easy to spam. High end items you have little room to do it without help and practically no one teams up for synergy.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vold; 06-03-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team