Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    So, in summary, FFXI on PC feels like home to me, I cherish every day I can spend in my home. I don't want to move to a new shiny home, it would break my little heartaru.

Couldn't have said it better myself (couldn't get the whole post in here but the whole thing applies - the building your won PC part), with FFXI is like home away from home, it is the best game world that I know of (and I have played a ton of MMO's), nothing beats XI, that's why I hope it stays on PC or at least keeps PC servers up.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So, in summary, FFXI on PC feels like home to me, I cherish every day I can spend in my home. I don't want to move to a new shiny home, it would break my little heartaru.
    You seem to be under the impression that this new game is intended to replace FFXI. I don't think that's the intention.

Anyway, in those days, we rated games not just on Graphics and Sound, but on Playability. Graphics and Sound were nice, but they were never as important as Playability.
    No review source with any credibility ever put aesthetics above gameplay.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You seem to be under the impression that this new game is intended to replace FFXI. I don't think that's the intention.

No review source with any credibility ever put aesthetics above gameplay.
    When we pick lines out of a big post, focus on those small details, we risk losing the overall context of the larger post itself.

I wasn't just talking about me not being interested in the Mobile version, I was talking about all new games. I'm not interested in any new games.

And I have never said that I believe the Mobile Version was intended to replace any other games. I said I don't want to play it, because I will be *Too Busy Playing FFXI On PC*.

In the huge post you quoted from, I went into detail, about how the FFXI PC version has a very well crafted Menu system, for scrolling abilities and spells etc. and it also has a Macro system, and a brilliant Equipment Grid system.

Those are just three reasons why I don't want to play new games. I try playing new games, and they look very shiny and pretty, but they feel CLUNKY, because I am used to the very precise, smooth and controllable Direct User Input mechanisms in FFXI.

I go to my friend's place and she always buys all the new shiny games, and I play them, and I'm just thinking "I could be at home now playing FFXI on my PC, instead of being here, playing these relentlessly unsophisticated eye-candy games."

FFXI on PC, is my favourite game of all time. The game engine is a masterpiece, it is elegant and profound.

FFXI PC core game engine is the height of sophistication and it has a unique gracefulness that makes modern games look crude and coarse.

When I switch from playing FFXI on PC, to playing these shiny modern games, it feels like I'm changing from wielding a perfectly balanced fencing sword, to wielding a crude caveman's bone cudgel. I am going from being a fleet-footed duellist wielding her finest sword, to being a common thug wielding a heavy lump of wet wood.

Games are not about the novelty, how new they are. Games are about the quality, how good they are. FFXI on PC, the actual game engine mechanism just feels perfect, it plays just how games should play.

Like I said in my first post, I am not a hater, and I always hope that new games succeed, I hope that the new games make people happy. Because I don't like seeing new ventures fail, I want to see people succeed and be happy in their lives.

But that is not the same as saying I will surrender my precious Game Time to play these modern shiny games, which just feel so coarse and clumsy and oafish and unsophisticated to me.

I have already played the most beautiful and perfect computergame of all time, and it is called FFXI PC Version.
    (2)

Player
    How do you think the entire xiv forum would react if a mobile version of xiv was coming out? I already know the answer and so do you, curious if you'll answer honestly.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    How do you think the entire xiv forum would react if a mobile version of xiv was coming out? I already know the answer and so do you, curious if you'll answer honestly.
    They'd probably be excited for a mobile app. The funny thing is they made an april fools joke about an app that let you craft and gather in real life, and people actually wanted it (minus the smashing your phone against a tree part, perhaps)
    They're smart enough to know that a mobile app can't replicate or replace the gamepaly experience of a true MMO, and so am I. If you think you're going to be walking around and smashing robber crabs exactly as you used to in FFXI, you're almost certainly mistaken. It is most likely going to be a story based experience with forced waits or pay to do it now type of things. I'm also smart enough to know that there's no way it could be just like the PC game because it couldn't control like it. Imagine playing straight up real FFXI using a fake touchscreen joypad on the screen. They're going to have to take liberties.

You are, like most of the active FFXI player base, salty about FFXIV and assume any such project must be specifically designed to ruin or destroy the thing you love, or some other conspiracy like that.

Open up that gosh darn mind and think about what else it could be besides a deliberate attempt at sabotage.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-04-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Player
    You are, like most of the active FFXI player base, salty about FFXIV and assume any such project must be specifically designed to ruin or destroy the thing you love, or some other conspiracy like that.

Open up that gosh darn mind and think about what else it could be besides a deliberate attempt at sabotage.
    My aunt had a cat for well over 5 years, she decided to get a new kitten because the old cat wasn't as active as he used to be and she wanted to get a new cat to "cheer him up".

The old cat she had had for many years that got all the attention suddenly got very little attention, the treats the cat used to have were now gone and were given to the new kitten. Those two cats hate each other with a burning passion, the hatred they feel for each other was caused by my aunt.

They'd probably be excited for a mobile app.
    I have friends that play the game and I read the official forums, I think you're just a little bit wrong.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    My aunt had a cat for well over 5 years, she decided to get a new kitten because the old cat wasn't as active as he used to be and she wanted to get a new cat to "cheer him up".

The old cat she had had for many years that got all the attention suddenly got very little attention, the treats the cat used to have were now gone and were given to the new kitten. Those two cats hate each other with a burning passion, the hatred they feel for each other was caused by my aunt.

I have friends that play the game and I read the official forums, I think you're just a little bit wrong.
    You think I don't play the game? I saw nothing but "great idea" when asked about mobile spinoffs. The rest of your post is meaningless and irrelevant to the discussion. Time passes, things change, it's just a fact of life. Why be salty about it? I loved FFXI for years and years and I still do. The fact that I've enjoyed FFXIV also doesn't change that. No matter what it does nobody past or present is going to treat this mobile app as a replacement to FFXI. And there's no way that it could unless it was literally a new client for the same game (same servers/characters/etc). I'm smart enough to realize this, you're smart enough to realize this. FFXIV isn't a replacement to FFXI either, and I say this as a player of both.

Just drop the bitterrness and salt already, it's just a game and what's done is done. That doesn't mean you have to like it, but it does mean you should stop pissing on it and anyone who likes these things.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-05-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2