Character
    Aurich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Race Change after 15 years?

Considering the servers will probably never merge and subscriptions are dying out by the day, wouldn't it be a good idea to add a race change function for $$$? Every other MMO does it..... I don't see why at this point its not an option or never will be, some of us are bored of our characters and want a change.

Its not about people being attached to their characters anymore considering half of the characters are bots ran off scripts...

Would make SE more money and alot of players very happy, because c'mon... we all know Mog Wardrobe 3 and 4 were results of a financial crisis. This would be a good idea, I'm sure there is supporters and i'm sure there is non-supporters but this is kind of an opinionated post but.... I hope it has more support then non-support

EDIT: We want a change without making a new character and spending a year to get it near where our mains are.
    (2)
    Last edited by Aurich; 05-27-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurich View Post
    Would make SE more money and alot of players very happy
    In percentage terms, and demand. What % of the player base would even use/pay for this feature? 5%? I don't think it's viable at this stage.
    (0)

Player
    Not to mention that the devs have frequently cited technical obstacles that prevent it from being implemented...
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    In FF14, there's a potion called Fantasia that let's player change their looks as many times as they like. Potion itself however, must be purchased with real money via mog shop, for like $1 maybe.

Turns out during my tenure there, there's always some players who liked to change alot, but that's only because the allowed combination are way more varies than what FF11 has. While I never understood the idea behind this as I still hold fantasia I got for free from certain campaigns, this potion seems became quite popular, even nowadays.
    (2)

Character
    Eltanin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 9
    I was actually going to ask about this and start a post. I understand there are 'technical difficulties,' but that's code for 'too much of a pain/cost/benefit isn't justified.' If there is player demand, will there be consideration on a possible implementation? What would the devs need to see in order to be able to actually move forward on this?

I think it would be a cool feature to have, one that would generate additional revenue. The game is still alive and kicking; why not?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagastraea View Post
    I was actually going to ask about this and start a post. I understand there are 'technical difficulties,' but that's code for 'too much of a pain/cost/benefit isn't justified.' If there is player demand, will there be consideration on a possible implementation? What would the devs need to see in order to be able to actually move forward on this?

I think it would be a cool feature to have, one that would generate additional revenue. The game is still alive and kicking; why not?
    They flat out said it's not going to happen recently. It's one of those "they'd have to rebuild the entire game" type things that go beyond just being difficult, and into the realm of simply impossible.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Zarador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 76
    I really wish it could be done...I'd pay for it.
    (0)

Player
    I would pay for it as well.
    (0)