Player

Need advice doing monster rearing during free login campaign

Due to this chain quest being requirement for further Adoulin rewards (such as Ygnas trust, golden cordon KI, and many others), I've been slowly ranking up my mog garden between free login campaign since that's only time I manage to come back. However, I'm currently a bit confused about monster rearing which I recently just unlocked.

Read from bgwiki that if I decide to start this, it means I have to do constant care, and the penalty for letting your monster into succumbing to darkness are quite worse, as in locking all your mog garden features and will cost shining stars just to calm it down. And I'm not really sure if I might really need lots of those stars because I'm only holding like 80 stars ATM.

So that's pretty much my current condition. Could really use great advice on handling this rearing during free login and if possible, avoiding that penalty. My goal is just max ranking it ASAP to get those final Adoulin rewards (ygnas trust, golden cordon, etc). This has me taking years already due to me only able to do this only during free login campaign. And I can't really resub FF11 due to reasons I can't explain.

BTW, my mog garden status as of now: just gotten my furrows to rank 5, thus all nodes are now rank 5.
    (0)

Player
    If you feed your monster the correct food, and do the correct action every day, you can collect items and nothing bad will happen.

2 Good, 1 bad, you're fine. and during the campaign, collection does nothing to the monsters mood.

Even monsters that you can take no action on (behemoth series) you won't go into the darkness mode as long as you take no interactions (pet slap yell etc)
    (1)

Player
    On the last day that you can login, you also want to talk to Chacharoon and have him change the parenting style to "Enjoying the Moment". This means that no changes will occur to your monster while you are logged out, so there's no risk of them going all emo before you get back. ^^
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”