Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Please consider nerfing rune fencer/adjusting mevasion

Rune fencer is a tank that does nearly as much damage as the highest damaging DD in the game(warrior).

It's nearly immune to status effects, has 81%+ parry for 90 seconds on a 5 minute cooldown and an obscene amount of magic defense tools(shields, aoe shields,etc).

There's no reason this job should be able to compete with the highest damaging job in the game(warrior) while also being incredibly tanky even in full DD gear.

People have been, and are now, bringing nothing but Lionheart rune fencers as their only DD jobs to content due to all these strengths and no actual weakness.

A job being this strong leaves very little room for other jobs to be used or put in the spotlight, and is just intentionally handicapping yourself trying to bring inferior DPS AND less survivable DD jobs

Please consider nerfing it's damage(take it off resolution?), or drastically lowering the effect of mevasion, which is the major culprit behind rune fencers immunity to most status effects and survivability vs most things.

Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Can agree that RUN shouldn't be as strong as it is, in it's ability to do damage.

It HAS to be as magically defensive as it is, or it's completely useless.

They've got RUN and MNK assbackwards. Nerf Resolution. (and buff h2h ws, all of them, by double)
    (1)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-26-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    more crybabys looking for a nerf because they cant be bothered to level a worthwhile job, it literally takes 1-2 hours these days to go from 1-99. if you cant beat em.... just join em, it doesn't hurt
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Player
    I'm master RUN with Epeo, and Lionheart, try again.
    (2)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Can agree that RUN shouldn't be as strong as it is, in it's ability to do damage.

It HAS to be as magically defensive as it is, or it's completely useless.

They've got RUN and MNK assbackwards. Nerf Resolution. (and buff h2h ws, all of them, by double)
    Mevasion is still a completely broken stat that as we get more and more gear, will become more noticably broken. It needs to be tuned down overall, not just for rune fencer either, for every job.

Someone had suggested to me that mevasion should never give more than a half resist on damage, and should never give more than 60% resist rate on status effects. I find this the perfect solution.
    (0)

Player
    That's an over arching problem that they will never fix. Power Creep.

I'm ok with players being "overly powerful" defensively. It's easier that way... they're just going to make stronger mobs then they'd have to adjust it again.

It's not ok to have a "tank" be a better "dd" than actual "dd" though, even utility "dd"
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Another shiyo thread asking a nerf with no alternative
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    Another shiyo thread asking a nerf with no alternative
    It's funny too, because when RUN came out, as usual, people wanted it to be buffed because comparatively, it couldn't keep up early on. Now it's in a really good spot, which seems to be Shiyo's salt factor, every job that isn't his needs to be nerfed because the meta doesn't want his job.

Since I guess being on a server with low population makes it harder to make your own parties.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    I never understand why there's even this request. Final Fantasy series has been very well known with abilities to play multi-job, which is always being carried to all series, no exception.

Maybe OP used to play non FF games where one avatar are locked to just one profession, but this is an FF game. Get used to it!

And with that being said, I'm against the idea. I love my RUN, especially because my fave heroine from FF6, Celes Chere, has her job profession as Rune Knight.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

There's no reason this job should be able to compete with the highest damaging job in the game(warrior) while also being incredibly tanky even in full DD gear.
    This is false.

Out of every single WoC zerg parse, like, last 20+ zergs or so, warrior was always on top, by at least 20% or more. There are multiple serious DD player with HQ aeonic RUN in LS, none ever come close to WAR.

In 6 man party (none-zerg) without all 3 support jobs, RUN is even further behind. The job is only really really strong with all 3 support jobs and even then it's not the best.

It's a great DD tank but a RUN DD tanking in hybrid set isn't going to deal good dmg either, most of the time they are equal/slightly behind COR.

The job is in a very good spot, that's for sure. But a well played WAR or any 2h DD isn't behind at all. This month we've done 4.5 min VD runs with RUN as DD or WAR, both jobs can clear just as fast and they basically make no difference.

Personally, I never understand why people keep making claims about RUN beating WAR in zergs. is good WAR really THAT rare? Even if RUN could keep up in 2016 I doubt it could in 2018 anymore. RUN didn't get much DD gears in past 2 years, but almost every other DD did. Most DD in 2018 are a bit stronger than 2016, but RUN kinda stayed the same.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast