Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Parses mean literally nothing in this game. RNG, reaciton time, lag, debuffs, fotia procs, haste dropping, def down dropping etc.

Anyways, pugs aren't a relevant measure of a jobs strength.

Hopefully the developers do something about the ever growing mevasion power creep!
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 05-30-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Haste droping/def down dropping isn't relevant to WoC zergs, it's just a simple 2 min fight spamming WS as soon as 1000 TP, so haste/def drop doesn't happen. You can tell who has slower reaction time with parses via WS frequency data, RUN often has higher WS frenquency but still lose to WAR, because they can't MS like WAR. Honestly no job comes close to WAR for super buffed melee zergs, that's how it goes. Claiming RUN can keep up with MS WAR in zergs is just false.

It's not just PUG doesn't heavily prefer DD RUN, our endgame LS/static also don't. And we have many HQ/aeonic DD RUN + not a SMN burn group. Most endgame LS utilizing SMN setup probably prefer DD RUN even less.

SAM NIN MNK all has relatively high meva via Ken +1 sets, so high meva isn't RUN exclusive.

WAR DRK DRG etc can get relatively high surviability via buffs, in all of our WoC zergs stun never land on WARs.

Like I said, for top end groups there are no difference in terms of surviability between WAR and RUN because their support/tank is at a level that real DDs don't get hit as much, and any debuffs are either blocked completely via GEO buffs/carols or being removed immediately by healers.

For groups without super support/tank manpower they SMN burn all things anyways. RUN is irrelevant, nerf or not.

People keep acting as if every endgame group just throw tons and tons of DD RUNs at it, it just doesn't reflect truth. There are like 3 fights (schah, albuman, PW2) and 1 ambuscade month really favors DD RUN to the point that melee oriented groups throw DD RUNs at it, and SMN are even better choice than RUN for those 3 fights so it's not meta anyways.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-30-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I see plenty of shouts. I just don't see RNF in demand in the ones I see.
    Probably because it's RUN not RNF...
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You seem pretty stuck on a single comment, and on a single boss. That's a shame, try opening your mind next time instead of fixating so hard on one or two things.

Hopefully the developers will do something about rune fencers doing as much damage as it does(more than any job except warrior) and reduce the effectiveness of mevasion globally for everyone - it's far too powerful of a stat when stacked with carols, addle, vex, attunement, barspells, etc. Shouldn't be able to completely remove status effects from a fight, or put any bosses magic land rate to to the floor so easily. Makes the game really boring.

Nerfing reso by a good amount would be a great change - Rune fencers best WS is reso and drk/war(the oither reso spammers) still have gaxe and torcleaver. Rune fencer would be the only one really nerfed, and it should be.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 05-31-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't understand how or why it should be justified for nerfing a job based solely on their ultimate weapons as one of the reaons you listed. But Resolution is also generally used by DRKs and WARs as well, so wouldn't nerfing Resolution affect DRKs and WARs who use the WS too? I don't think anyone one would want that.

RUN is a magic tank, so of course it's the idea of RUN to specialize in resisting magic damage and enfeeble effects with their abilities but also stacking other support abilities and spells from other jobs in the party to resist other enfeebles often.

So...It's wrong for RUN to have lots of magic evasion, but it's not wrong for DRK and WAR to have lots of attack?
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 05-31-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3