Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    He's the only one that thinks RUN is "that" good.

But the truth is RUN dd is simply "too" good for it's role, it's not "that" good.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    He's the only one that thinks RUN is "that" good.

But the truth is RUN dd is simply "too" good for it's role, it's not "that" good.
    It's not ok to have a "tank" be a better "dd" than actual "dd" though, even utility "dd"
    It's good but saying RUN beats real DD is just false, nor community heavily prefer to the point to shout for DD RUN only every VD PUG. I get that good RUN DD gear is generally easy to obtain, since none came from +3s and people could just get aeonic in a week, recycle their HQ adhemar/Lustra from other jobs to have perfect TP/WS sets. Unlike other DD needs to farm cards and pay a bunch for +3 to hit the DPS ceiling, so a perfectly geared WAR DRK SAM is probably more rare.

While the job is pretty damn good, I don't feel that it needs a nerf. At least not until community shout for "RUN x3 can I have it"? Which probably will never happen. The situation of DD RUN is not quite the same as BLU in 2015-early 2016 when every pt shout for BLU only because they cap haste by themselves.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Player
    RUN is probably in the middle, solidly behind war/drk/blu/thf/cor/sam but also solidly ahead of mnk/pup/nin/bst

It shouldn't be better than any DD at all. (cor is also heavily overpowered for its role, but I kinda like it that way)

it really is only a matter of time before literally everything becomes only RUNs because the power creep with magical damage and status effects will push everyone else out.

Why take anything that isn't a RUN when RUN can do roughly the same damage, but be heavily favored in survival.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-29-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    MNK is a problem on it's own, the solution is to buff it not to nerf RUN. NIN and PUP has their niche, RUN didn't make them obsolete. Their place would not change one bit regardless RUN nerfed or not.

RUN being a DD tank is often the reason why it gets invite. otherwise PLD is a much safer afk tanking job, why would we invite RUN over PLD in melee setup?

it really is only a matter of time before literally everything becomes only RUNs because the power creep with magical damage and status effects will push everyone else out.

Why take anything that isn't a RUN when RUN can do roughly the same damage, but be heavily favored in survival.
    Lionheart has been out for 2 years, if it'll become a bandwagon like BLU in 2016 it would happen already. But nope, not happening, and I don't see it happening either.

In past 2 years or so, the DPS ceiling of RUN stay the same, BiS TP/WS set was still HQ from 2016. Almost every other DD's DPS ceiling increased by having god tier +3s.

If anything, lionheart is weaker in 2018 than 2016.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Player
    Because RUN is better at everything PLD does. Thats a whole different thing, but yeah, RUN beats PLD at literally everything. Even magic damage. (except maybe maximum hp)

What's better than 87.5% magic damage reduction? Taking zero damage through meva that pld could never dream of.

(which it has to be able to do, or it would be useless) so, the only fix is to make it less appealing as a DD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-29-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    PLD has far more safety net as a tank in mid tier gears. Native cure IV and raise is useful from time to time. Afaik it's better at super tanking still. 87.5% damage reduction is more useful than meva for canopierce. A none epeo RUN is usually more risky than a none burtang PLD, especially if mob has full dispel moves.

I think a top RUN is a better job than top PLD, but mid/low tier RUN isn't that much better, if at all.

Because of that it doesn't justify a nerf, IMO. It's one thing to say a job is slightly better than another for optimization. It's another to ask for a nerf.

A nerf should only happen if community heavily favor it by shouting for it all day and refuse to invite anything else, like BLU in 2016 or SMN in 2018.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Man I've been out of the loop for a while, but in the time ive been back on the game i've not seen people shouting for rune fencers for their groups. If not for this thread I'd have no idea people actually wanted them for content.
    (0)

Player
    Every other server is far behind asura. You're lucky to see shouts at all on any other server.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Every other server is far behind asura. You're lucky to see shouts at all on any other server.
    I see plenty of shouts. I just don't see RNF in demand in the ones I see.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    With the exception of ambu this month, Asura shout for tank RUN but not DD RUN. The DD being shout for are usually SMN or ambuscade favor of the month DD like NIN, besides this month and maybe a month that needs one for all for AF, none of the ambu favors DD RUN. I thought RUN bandwagon would happen in 2016 when aeonic groups discovered how strong it was. 2 years has passed and I was wrong.

When it comes to pure DD, SMN setup pushes any DD job away when group aim for highest success rate. Top end group with top support and good tank isn't hindered one bit using stronger DD like WAR DRK SAM. Using RUN as DD in ambuscade locked 2nd DD to COR because all 3 supports are needed for RUN to deal acceptable DPS, and COR isn't exactly good SC partner with RUN. So overall the result isn't THAT great in ambu, compare with something like WAR+COR doing Upheaval savage upheaval.

As a tank a none epeo RUN is a bit more risky than none burtang PLD in PUG. So RUN-wagon isn't happening. While I do think a RUN with very good hybrid tank set is a better choice than PLD for optimization, PLD is a better choice in PUG. That's kinda balanced IMO.

DD RUN is good in this month's VD, mostly because each DD has to tank their own gob and RUN just happened to be able to DD in full DD set with battuta up, and healers are dead most of the time so there are no dedicated healer to cure bomb DDs.

Other wise with good tank and support, high level of surviability isn't required in ambu. Nevermind the fact that DD RUN is quite a horrible multi step SC job compare with WAR DRK SAM DRG THF DNC etc. So it's limiting it's potential as DD, because multi step is often a better way to DD in 6 man party.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-29-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast