Character
    Hecky
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Disconnecting every 10 min

Heya. Its been about 1 1/2 years since i last played and now all of a sudden i cant seem to stay loged on. On my laptop i finally got the newer patches downloading after losing connection about every 10 min. On my PC which have gotten a new HD since last i played its impossible to get the download complete. So i loged on with my laptop, and whats happening is i d/c every 10 min or so. Over and over again, whats going on? I had my fair share of DC sure, its FFXI after all, but never this bad, on both my computers. Everything else works as normal, so its not the connection
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Are you on wireless or wired internet connection? I had this happen to me when WotG came out and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I kept D/C'ing every 5+ minutes or so too.
    First I thought my comp. processor was going. Checked: nope, perfectly fine.
    Second: checked the internet connection rate of data transfer; hey there's a problem with packets flowing smoothly! Called my ISP, they said router was going slowly, sent new one.
    Waited for router and help to install router, turned on game; still happening.
    Third, they thought the signal was being redirected from too long of a wire line now when they reconfigured their band directionals. Nope.
    Fourth: an actual wireman came to house to inspect it andsee if the wire was not connected correctly. He said, "Did you know your wire to the telephone pole looks like squirrels have been chewing on it?" Changed wire, put in one with coating they do NOT like taste of (yes they have those I found out).
    POOF!: Game ran better than ever!
    Moral to story: Can you have the ISP company check to wire to your house from street to see if THAT'S the problem?
    (0)

Player
    Sounds like a power performance issue.
    (0)

Player
    Just wondering have you switched off "Auto Disconnect" in play online? (its under "Options" "Global" on the main page for play online)
    (0)

Player
    Its happening to me as well.... it can be anytime its happening and its never happened before
    (0)