Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Eldrij
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Black screen on Adoulin mission, please help me

Hi, i'm on adoulin mission 5-3-3 Blood for blood.
    In Ra'Kaznar Turris, i examine the Ominous Postern for a cutscene but nothing happens, only a black screen. I tried to turn off windower but it's the same. am i the only one ? please help, ty.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrij View Post
    Hi, i'm on adoulin mission 5-3-3 Blood for blood.
    In Ra'Kaznar Turris, i examine the Ominous Postern for a cutscene but nothing happens, only a black screen. I tried to turn off windower but it's the same. am i the only one ? please help, ty.
    It's most certainly a 3rd party program issue. I just did my adoulin missions perfectly fine.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    The game is broken under certain circumstances (I think it's a windows 10 issue) and the devs don't seem to care, this is happening to a lot of people and the GMs just leave you hanging.

Contact the person on this post and ask for the windower app to fix it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...utscene_limbo/
    (0)

Character
    Eldrij
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    thank you for your answers
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The game is broken under certain circumstances (I think it's a windows 10 issue) and the devs don't seem to care, this is happening to a lot of people and the GMs just leave you hanging.

Contact the person on this post and ask for the windower app to fix it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...utscene_limbo/
    Or.. Maybe the issues are in relation to people using third party software to begin with?
    (0)

Character
    Ashzerox
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I have Windows 10 Pro and don't have any issues with 11. You can install Razer Cortex Game Booster. Very simple to use and setup, and blocks every program/file that is not needed/required for Final Fantasy 11 to play. I usually get a boost (opens up) of an average of 750MB+ on just memory alone. When you log off the game, Razor Cortex shuts down and automatically restarts any programs/files that it blocked.
    (0)
    Ghost B.C.: "Welcome year zeeeeeeeeero~!"

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Or.. Maybe the issues are in relation to people using third party software to begin with?
    Few things:
    Firstly, you don't know it's a widower issue. You're just assuming it to be the case, it could be a windows 10 issue and it's only something that happens if you dc during a cut-scene.

Secondly, even if it is a windower issue. Not addressing it means customers are forced to unsubscribe, in possibly large numbers.

I've seen about 10 posts about this issue here and on other forums, that means it's a much bigger issue than those simple 10 people. Most will just quietly go into the night on an issue like this.

What happens is you get perma locked in a black screen and nothing can get you out of it, your character is effectively destroyed. This is fairly easy to fix for a developer, in that all they need to do is to add a timer to the black screen > play cut-scene state, so that if 1 hour passes and they are still in the cut-scene state it kicks them out. This isn't a hard thing to add.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Few things:
    Firstly, you don't know it's a widower issue. You're just assuming it to be the case, it could be a windows 10 issue and it's only something that happens if you dc during a cut-scene.
    Secondly, even if it is a windower issue. Not addressing it means customers are forced to unsubscribe, in possibly large numbers.
    It doesn't matter if it is or isn't the issue. It's use is forbidden in the terms and conditions of the game, and bends game mechanics. So, obviously SE aren't going to support it, because firstly, its not their software, and secondly, who knows what it is doing in the background (technically) of POL/FFXI.

I'd rather play with a smaller population than a load of people using third party tools to gain an advantage over players who are not using such tools, otherwise things spiral out of control. An example is the sheer number of bots or automation I witness these days.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It doesn't matter if it is or isn't the issue. It's use is forbidden in the terms and conditions of the game, and bends game mechanics. So, obviously SE aren't going to support it, because firstly, its not their software, and secondly, who knows what it is doing in the background (technically) of POL/FFXI.

I'd rather play with a smaller population than a load of people using third party tools to gain an advantage over players who are not using such tools, otherwise things spiral out of control. An example is the sheer number of bots or automation I witness these days.
    Again, you don't know if it's a windower issue or not. Just that it happens to people under certain circumstances, you're assuming it's widower when you have no facts of that being the case.

Also, unless less people make more money there is a good chance less people means less or even no updates for you personally.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Again, you don't know if it's a windower issue or not. Just that it happens to people under certain circumstances, you're assuming it's widower when you have no facts of that being the case.
    I'll repeat what I just said "It doesn't matter if it is or isn't the issue" - It's a third party program that is AGAINST the terms, so in terms of [official] support, it ends there..

You assume that if such tools were somehow "stopped" that players would leave? I seriously doubt that players would quit over that because they are addicted to the game too much. You can't have a free for all 'third party software' fest because game balance goes out of the window and it opens up Pandoras box. Hence why companies have such rules against such software in place.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast