Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'll repeat what I just said "It doesn't matter if it is or isn't the issue" - It's a third party program that is AGAINST the terms, so in terms of [official] support, it ends there..

You assume that if such tools were somehow "stopped" that players would leave? I seriously doubt that players would quit over that because they are addicted to the game too much. You can't have a free for all 'third party software' fest because game balance goes out of the window and it opens up Pandoras box. Hence why companies have such rules against such software in place.
    I think that Pixela's point is mainly that there are other sources of headaches that exist besides That Which Shall Not Be Named. It's also best not to talk about That Which Shall Not Be Named here on the OF, even from a negative viewpoint, since it is classified as a Bad Thing (tm) and could get you into trouble here on the OF. <_<

I recently helped a lsmate who had a firewall issue with FFXI that would only block certain connections and cause the client to lockup. (We assumed that was the issue after I got him/her to turn off an apparently finicky 3rd party firewall who's name I'd never heard of, and FFXI started working properly again. <_<) I'm sure it's stupidly rare for something like that to occur, but there are other things that exist that are capable of causing problems.

There has been a rash of reports of this exact type of problem over the last couple months (getting trapped in a cutscene/blackscreen,) it's happening to those using no 3rd party tools for FFXI, and the devs are both aware of and working to fix the issue.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've heard of issues like this happening on consoles all the time before they were dropped, it is unlikely it is a windows 10 issue or 3rd party issue specifically. Your install could be corrupted or some background process that doesnt even have to do with the game could cause problems. There are many reasons why stupid crap like this could happen.

Try doing a file repair at the playonline login screen, if that doesnt work try (shudder) reinstalling.
    (0)

Player
    "Resolved Issues

The issue wherein some help text contained typographical errors.

The issue with the Aht Urghan mission Ragnarok wherein players could not progress if they disconnected during a cutscene.

The issue with escutcheon crafting quests wherein, under certain circumstances, quests from different synthesis categories would trigger.

The issue wherein the following pieces of equipment would not display correctly on Hume males.

Sarissa / Blurred Lance / Blurred Lance +1"

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update

Not exactly your issue but it shows they are aware of it and working through the missions I suppose.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2