Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

FFXI overrides color temperature settings

If you use windows 10's night light feature or other software such as f.lux to adjust your screen's color temperature based on the time of day, when you log into the game these settings are overridden. I find it really helpful when the screen's color temperature matches that of the lighting of the room I'm in and it's annoying that FFXI overrides this, raising the color temperature to maximum for no apparent reason. Is this something that could be fixed?
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Don't use windows 10.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Probably also affects 8/8.1 and any third party software that modifies color temperature, leave the nonsense at the door.

I myself am using F.lux, not the built in night light feature.
    (1)

Player
    I'm betting that when the game was written, nothing like that was widely available, and the game was setup to adjust itself since there were no system settings to reference. There's also a good chance that they did exist, but SE took a rather hard line back then on expecting parity between PC<>PS2, so they intentionally mirrored the PS2 settings to avoid giving PC players an "advantage". :/
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I'm betting that when the game was written, nothing like that was widely available, and the game was setup to adjust itself since there were no system settings to reference. There's also a good chance that they did exist, but SE took a rather hard line back then on expecting parity between PC<>PS2, so they intentionally mirrored the PS2 settings to avoid giving PC players an "advantage". :/
    Not exactly, but back then it wasn't easy to make changes to these settings, you had to go through color management and modify color management profiles and complicated crap. Now it's as simple as flicking a switch in Settings or using a program like f.lux to manage it for you.

You're probably right though, the game probably sets its own parameters for this because PS2.
    (0)