Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

I need help with gamepad.

This may be long. Maybe you seen something like this on reddit within the last few days (because I use that site, and asked there).

The TL;DR: I own 3 gamepads (controllers) and none of them will work INSIDE ffxi, except "rumble". Help?

Long version:

Windows 10

Gamepad/controllers: Logitech 310F, Gigaware gamepad (about 5yrs old, no Xinput jazz) and XBOX One WIRED controller. Also have a ps3 and ps4 controller, but have never connected them to my PC.

Gamer version: I installed through Steam, but I can also say that I did another install via NA's homepage.

-But Sand, all you have to do is open the FFXI Config, and set the controller up!

Yea...no. The controllers do nothing inside the Config. Direct Input, Xinput, Default, Option A through E. Nope nope nope.

I've uninstalled drivers, re-installed drivers. I've watched every video I can find.

Now I'm at a point were this is all SE end. What else do I try? DL? 3rd party? Eh?

So with all of this said, I can get 2 of the 3 controllers to work with POL. But when FFXI boots, bye bye.

Yes I have also went in to the FFXI folder to the Tools, NATools, and EuTools. Heck I've even deleted and replaced 2 of the 3, to see if it would force an option. Negative.

-Well Sand, are you sure they work?

Yes. I can play literally any game on my PC, that can use a controller, to work.

And the rumble part I said? Yea that is totally making me bonkers. No movement, no camera, no menu... but if I do manage to get into a fight...and well, that Gob that use to kill me back in the day, I visit him over and over. If he drops a bomb, my controller rumbles off the desk.

I just want to use the controls I know.

I miss you all.

Any one able to lend some light here?
    (0)

Player
    Simple, plug chosen controller in. Open FFXIconfig.

Actually config the controller. Open FFXI. Done.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thanks for not reading.

-But Sand, all you have to do is open the FFXI Config, and set the controller up!

Yea...no. The controllers do nothing inside the Config. Direct Input, Xinput, Default, Option A through E. Nope nope nope.

It does not get recognized in the FFXI config, only in the POLconfig.
    (0)

Player
    I read it, it cannot do that. you're in the wrong config, or didnt install the controller correctly.

I use a 310. Very simple process.
    (0)

Player
    (0)

Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    https://imgur.com/a/8dc537o

It can, and it is. When I click on Movement in any of the set ups, it tells me to hold <UP> and hit button 1. Nothing happens.
    When I go down to Test Gamepad (T), nothing happens. The little cross hairs just stay right in the middle of the box. No button hits light up. Only test that will not fail is Vibrate, but that is when the XBOX One controller is attached.

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled all drives many times now. Also have tried every USB port I have.
    In POLConfig, no issues. I can set it up, and when actually in POL move and click around.

F310 is set to "D", I have also set it to "X" and picked Enable XInput (or alt setup E).

That is NA, EU, and JP in the picture. I read that POL can open one version (of NA and EU), and FFXI can open from another [along with it's config]).

I have also tried Joy2Key. All is great until FFXI's screen loads.

Would be nice if the FFXI config showed what gamepad is connected, or that it is trying to use. POL's does.
    (0)

Player
    How many controllers do you have plugged in at once? Why do you have EU NA and JP client. Your files are probably all kinds of screwed up.

It let you set all the buttons, but not the analog menus? You wouldn't have been able to set button 1 button 2 button 3 etc if it wasn't working.

Also, disable it in POL config, I don't know why you opened that at all. XI also has to be off when you set config.

Use ONE controller, config it, then plug the other ones back in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-20-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just one controller plugged in. Mainly the XBOX One controller. I just have the others, and have game them a try when the XBOX One didn't config.

No idea on why I have all 3 clients configs. That is how it works now? I DLed from main site on Monday, and had all 3. Steam version also has all 3 (DLed Thursday night, after uninstalling). Why NA's site doesn't just give NA client is above my knowledge. I have removed 2 of them from the folder, no option worked.

I've not been able to set anything. Them buttons are from the drop down menus. If the image you supplied is a pic of yours, I even tried that config.

I tried disabling gamepad in POL...that did nothing but make the controller not work in POL.
    (0)

Player
    Do exactly this

Open the pad config, click the first drop down menu. (select/confirm) while the drop down is open, press the "X" button on logitech, or the ... "A" button on xbox. It should accept the command. and insert a number.

If it doesn't do that. You're going to have to get teamviewer or literally record your entire process, cause it really is this simple.

make sure you do it in the proper config file... US
    (0)

Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My video failed to be sent from phone. I have teamviewer

Edit: it however has been a long day. I'll have to resume this issue tomorrow at some point.

...must sleep.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sandinmygum; 05-20-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast