Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Here is the video I did last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQz...ature=youtu.be

I removed all controllers again this morning (drivers, hidden 360 drivers, them all) and only plug and re-installed one (xbox one). Nothing advances me. This is so frustrating.
    (0)

Player
    Ok, so, another thing that may be an issue. Cause this is incredibly rare.

Look at your device manager and see if anything else is designated as a controller. super fancy mice, may interfere.

Here's how I made the 360 controller work on FFXI. First I unplugged all other controllers. But I noticed that my Roccat mouse registered as a game controller in device manager. I disabled the "game controller" (still works as mouse).

In FFXI config, I enabled xinput and disabled hatswitch. For some reason, this setup allows for all buttons to work, including triggers.
    /how-to-setup-a-xbox360-controller-for-ffxi/1/
    https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4...er-for-ffxi/1/
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-21-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Character
    Tsukaremashita
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    So... yea. wtf?

It wasn't my mouse, it was my keyboard. Doesn't even make sense... but hey! The controller was picked up, was able to config, and I think I can now re-enjoy FFXI for a bit here.

... windows...ffxi... logitech .... stupid.
    (0)

Player
    It's because of the special "gaming functions" special hotkeys etc. And yes, very stupid.
    (0)

Character
    Yowyow
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    I read it, it cannot do that. you're in the wrong config, or didnt install the controller correctly.

I use a 310. Very simple process.
    no u really arent reading. its same thing for ALOT of ppl. the game itself REFUSES to read the ffxi config files. he showed you that he opened up all cfg files just to prove a point. u just dont get it nor care b/c it works FOR YOU
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowyow View Post
    no u really arent reading. its same thing for ALOT of ppl. the game itself REFUSES to read the ffxi config files. he showed you that he opened up all cfg files just to prove a point. u just dont get it nor care b/c it works FOR YOU
    Yo, it's a shame I can't saying anything negative. He got it working. Which I helped him do, by the way.

It's extremely easy to figure out the problem if you have an IQ higher than yours. And it's exactly the problem I said it was. He had multiple controllers plugged in aka; configed/installed wrong.

Not his fault he didn't know, but true all the same.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-22-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Character
    Yowyow
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 51
    maybe if u had an IQ higher then a shoe size youd see the real underlying issue. u didnt read his first msg
    (0)

Player
    I did. And he was incorrect. Which he realized over the course of the next 10 posts.
    (0)

Character
    Rizon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    Can someone please give me a clear and concise answer to this problem without all the bickering and back biting. I am having the same problem as the OP. Thank You
    (0)

Player
    Normally I would. But since you can't be bothered to read. Figure it out yourself.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast