Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Unable to edit/delete post in the "Only in Vana'diel" screenshots thread

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54023-Only-in-Vana%E2%80%99diel-Screenshot-Campaign-%28NA-EU%29-Submission-Thread?p=607219&viewfull=1#post607219

My image didn't attach to this post because the link was wrong, but I'm unable to edit it, or delete that post, so I was forced to doublepost.

The rules state that only the "first post" I make to the thread will count though, so I'm worried this will disqualify me if I can't fix the post....

Is there anything that can be done for this?
    (0)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Player
    This is why they have a practice thread.
    (1)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Only the real thread stood out to me at all, I was completely unaware there was a practice thread and the normal rules of posting were disabled, its entirely different than normal :/.

The strange thing is when I previewed the post, it showed the image and its link working.

I can even see the image in my own post history.

But it didn't work when it was posted. I copy-pasted the exact same command line into my second attempt and it worked that time. I'm really not sure what could've made the first one not work, it was the exact same thing and done the exact same way. I'm glad I got "lucky" with the second post, but its disappointing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eradius; 05-20-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I'm not entirely sure what they aim to gain with disabling editing in those threads, since mistakes can, and will happen (with or without the practice thread). Someone with moderator privileges will likely (and hopefully) remove the first post (I might even report it, though it might (should) be unnecessary, and isn't what the report feature is intended for).

Anyblue, looking at your first post, it has 'imgur.com/ZnIyEId', which isn't a direct link to the image only.

The second post has 'i.imgur.com/ZnIyEId.png' which is a direct link to the image only, and explains why that one is visible and the former is not. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Greetings,

If you were unable to post the submission correctly, please submit another submission. (Before doing so, I suggest trying it out in the discussion/practice thread first.)

The reason we don't allow posts in the submission thread to be edited is because it may lead to situations where images are changed from what they were originally submitted, or where prizing information changed, and us not being able to catch those edits when we do go through our verification process.

Thanks!
    (2)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

If you were unable to post the submission correctly, please submit another submission. (Before doing so, I suggest trying it out in the discussion/practice thread first.)

The reason we don't allow posts in the submission thread to be edited is because it may lead to situations where images are changed from what they were originally submitted, or where prizing information changed, and us not being able to catch those edits when we do go through our verification process.

Thanks!
    Sorry and thank you, thats very relieving to hear. I made a 2nd post right away but was worried that'd just disqualify me. Next time a contest comes around I'll use the practice thread first!
    (1)