Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

"Log in to Vana'diel for free" wasn't free!

I followed all the instructions as the email and game client suggested (which tbh wasn't overall informative) and I still got charged a month's subscription +1 character! The email specifically states in big caps "Log in to Vana'diel for free!" and I was definitely eligible as I haven't been subscribed to FFXI for 4 maybe 5 years! What gives?
    (1)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Player
    You need to call their customer service if you want a refund.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thanks Nyarlko, I'll give them a call on Monday.
    (0)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    I followed all the instructions as the email and game client suggested (which tbh wasn't overall informative) and I still got charged a month's subscription +1 character! The email specifically states in big caps "Log in to Vana'diel for free!" and I was definitely eligible as I haven't been subscribed to FFXI for 4 maybe 5 years! What gives?
    If you reactivate your sub you lose any free time remaining.

I'm guessing you went into your SE account and reactivated. If you were unsubsribed, when the campaign starts you simply log in to playonline/the game- you dont have to do anything.

You only have to log in to your SE account if you cancelled your whole service account and not just your subscription. The campaign page does very clearly state that you give up any free playtime left if you resub during the campaign, and it advises you to wait until after it is over before resubbing. You also can not resub without paying, and the acocunt site warns you before charging you. You do not have to submit any payment information for the free login campaigns. It seems you missed some instructions or didn't fully read everything because the campaign page spelled everything out for me when I read it.

Just remember if you are inactive when the next campaign comes around, do not reactivate your sub. Just log into the game.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-29-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For reference to others- From the campaign page http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/

Important Information About the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign

• • Reactivating an eligible account and resuming payments during the campaign will void campaign eligibility for all characters on the service account. (Emphasis mine)
    • • FINAL FANTASY XI service accounts with the status ‘cancelled' are not eligible for this campaign. If you wish to take part in this campaign, please reactivate your service account from the SQUARE ENIX Account Management System website by Sunday, May 13, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. (PDT). You will not incur any charges for reactivating the service account alone. (again, emphasis mine)
    • • To be eligible, you must have an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service account with inactive character options as of Sunday, May 13, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. (PDT).
    • • Accounts which have not migrated to a SQUARE ENIX Account by Sunday, May 13, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. (PDT) are ineligible for this campaign.
    • Click here if you have not migrated your PlayOnline ID to a SQUARE ENIX Account.
    • • Accounts which have been banned or suspended for violating the Terms of Service are ineligible for this campaign.
    • • Accounts which have not paid any subscription fee since registering the software are ineligible for this campaign.
    • • All inactive character options will be playable for the duration of the campaign. As such, players who will have more than 8 characters due to this increase will either need to make a new handle or link them to an existing handle.
    • • Due to the fact that all eligible characters will need to be flagged to be able to log in for free when the campaign begins, characters will be processed sequentially, and there may be cases where it will be possible to log in for free earlier than the campaign period.
    • • Those wishing to continue to play after the campaign has concluded will need to reactivate their FINAL FANTASY XI character options.
    Right above thi s section, it says "how to participate" and simply says you can log right in if you were playing the Windows version.
    (1)