Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    There's this idea of just pushing a button and raising a cap is possible.
    Make a fresh new character and zone into a area. Item refresh rate of inventory is fast.
    Take a character with maxed out inventory and how long is the refresh rate of gear? Long.
    Multiply that by all the people playing.
    Then you can maybe realize the server issues involved with adding more inventory space.
    It's not simply a data transfer issue either. I'm pretty sure that Fujito said that adding more bags would break the inventory system, and that it's impossible to do.. It was right after the Dengeki broadcast last year or the year before IIRC... Forget when that happened exactly. :/
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well if you ant to add another 30 seconds to the inventory load screen after zoning then go right ahead and ask for more space, but that's just me
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Those will have slips, guaranteed. XD
    No they won't, or void items would too.
    (0)

Player
    The gear will, be stored on slips. The "stones of wasted inventory +2" and "coins of why are you doing this again +3" are what the inventory killers will be.

They just don't learn from mistakes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-20-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think we're pretty much tapped out on space. We got x80 per bag. We have 11? bags now, if you pay up. If you don't, it's 7 bags. That's 560 and 880 slots for gear and items. I'm going with the 'it's time to stop with the maximizing your stats and or retire some jobs' side of the fence if you can't make all that space work.

The solution to this problem is to either retire some jobs, or for FFXI to add gear that replaces a ton of situational stuff. Personally I prefer retiring jobs since the situational gear is the only reason FFXI's end game was so successful in execution. While other games relied on tiered gear and constant farming to upgrade your gear, FFXI opted to have BiS gear that would take years to get and would last years, if not forever. That line is now blurred here with ilevel but it's still very much alive where in FFXIV you farm a piece of gear and three months later you're replacing the damn thing.

Don't get me wrong, I nor anyone is fool enough to not want more space. But they have established that we're at the end of the journey as far as storage goes. Those 4 wardrobes are it. Possibly they would go with 5 and 6 depending on what the stats say about 1-4 ownership. But right now my wait time is terrible for loading, but is bearable. And they never talked about a 5 and a 6 wardrobe afaik, and no i'm not fixing my bold font. I just wanted to stress that the wait time is bearable and all i got is bold text for the rest of my cool story bro moment.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The solution is for the developers to not add 220 new upgrade items for jobs in a single content patch.
    (4)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2