Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Why would I enjoy FFXI mobile probably filled with micro transactions? lol I can try it but I doubt I would enjoy it as much as I do now. Only if the devs are bored and have nothing better to do since they stopped making anymore content. I know the reason people like to play this game. "The community." It was wonderful when most of us didn't have Facebook.

You don't need a million of players to be successful. One or two servers should be enough.

What Alhanelem said is good. Vanilla FFXI with the QoL enhancement as long as just bring us the real strategies back (and maybe slow down exp and remember the community is important) so more new players can try it out. Last year, many new players I have met stopped playing this shortly after they started since we are focused on the endgame only. Of course, it is because they couldn't find any fun to do, rather than soloing most of time. Believe it or not, this game is the best only for who have played it before.

The difficulty though is to mix stuff like this, it requires development. Development time that would have to be taken away from doing anything for the main game. It would be a pretty serious compromise when they don't even have enough resources for the main game as it is, unlike Activision Blizzard which already has money printing machines and can pretty much do whatever they want, even patch their old games with new stuff.

This would require the FFXI team to get an influx of resources that would be pretty disproportionate to the amount of money the game presently makes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-19-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm starting to suspect OP is actually an SE employee, making requests that have already been implemented by SE. In the absence of dedicated English language support, it makes sense because....his post directly addresses content that is currently happening in the FFXI Live Stream right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu788XDmhKE

Instead of having someone regularly address our concerns, it seems easier to 'fake' english support by making a request on these forums of already, implemented features and requests. (To support my claim, however crazy it sounds, SE included images in the livestream of an updated FFXIConfig instance with features OP has requested just a day or two ago).
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Would it possible for SE to bring back vanilla FFXI servers like WoW did? I mean why not? It would kill all the private servers. One can only hope.
    The only reason those servers exist is because people want to play for free, I mean come on, lol. Nobody in their right mind would choose VFFXI over today's FFXI if all it came down to was choice. If we had today's FFXI at the start we'd had surpassed millions of subs and FFXIV probably would have been a run of the mill FF game.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I'm starting to suspect OP is actually an SE employee, making requests that have already been implemented by SE. In the absence of dedicated English language support, it makes sense because....his post directly addresses content that is currently happening in the FFXI Live Stream right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu788XDmhKE

Instead of having someone regularly address our concerns, it seems easier to 'fake' english support by making a request on these forums of already, implemented features and requests. (To support my claim, however crazy it sounds, SE included images in the livestream of an updated FFXIConfig instance with features OP has requested just a day or two ago).
    That indeed sounds crazy. XD There is no reason whatsoever that an SE employee would not be posting officially here. It would be a positive thing to do so, since the lack of support on this side of the forums has started to make some of us a bit bitter towards them, so anything official actually helps. Odds are good that the OP just understands Japanese and pays attention to the Japanese side of what's going on.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks for posting this. I was going to make a thread on the same thing based on what Matsui-san asked. I agree with your points, a few of those I was going to post myself!

This part:
    we know how difficult it is when one of our treasured friends takes a break from the game.
    Seemed to be more about how we can bring back previous players to the game. So I'll focus on that, as opposed to new players at the moment.
    • Have a subscription discount for subscribing to both FFXI and FFXIV: We had this in the past for 1.0 and I'm surprised it wasn't brought back. Many of my FFXI friends are now playing FFXIV, and aren't willing to pay two full subscription fees at the same time.
    • More promotion on Square Enix channels: How many times has the @FinalFantasy official English Twitter account actually mentioned FFXI or its many campaigns/updates? Those older players are probably no longer following FFXI-specific sites/SNS but may still follow Square Enix or Final Fantasy SNS. Various people don't realize FFXI is still updating, and some even think it is shut down (due to the PS2 servers closed).
    • Implement a callback feature like FFXIV: This system would be very useful to invite older players back. It would be a message from a friend and could have various item benefits/etc. (Yes this could take development time to implement and I understand the dev team is smaller)
    • Video trailers: It looks like video trailers have been retired and are no longer made. Some new trailers should be made showing an overview of new features, easy of access or the latest stories. Videos are probably the best media type to catch someone's eye.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zenoxio; 05-21-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Player
    Here some adjustments I would like to see implemented.

Job

Bard

Make Minuet, Madrigal and Minne percentage based buffs.

Red Mage

Create a second stance like Composure that makes enhancing spells cost triple the MP but become AoE. Cannot be active at the same time as Composure.

Adjust the baseline magic accuracy for spells Frazzle II, Frazzle III, Distract II and Distract III. These are far too often resisted by monsters who are strong to the elements these spells are based on.

Dragoon

Lower recast time of Call Wyvren to 5 minutes.

General

Add capacity point rewards to daily RoE and Unity Objectives.

Add more Mog Wardrobes.

Adjust augments given by Oseem with Taupe, Fern and Pellucid stones. Change it so each stone gives a seperate stat type like Alluvion Skirmish stones. This would allow players to save stats they like on each stone. Also, allow Dark Matter augments to become a fourth special category. Too many of the wanted augments come from Fern stones and players wind up having huge amounts of Taupe and Pellucid stones the way the system works now.

Create more high tier food synths that are more powerful than the current foods available via the Curio Moogle.

Dynamis-Divergence

Make all Rusted Identification Cards and Black Identification Cards dropped be personal loot from all statues and beastmen.

Beastmen Medals, Kindred's Medals and Shards would be general pool drops.

Increase Capacity Points gains to be on par if not better than Omen.

Take a hard look at some of the Relic +2 and +3 gear and adjust stats. So much of the gear is not worth upgrading even if you were to only purchase the Vagary and Delve materials. If you had to purchase medals too, most of the gear is not worth upgrading. There is no set bonus to make upgrading multiple parts of the set worthwhile. Make the special augments unique to each part more powerful than their 109 and 119 counterparts.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenoxio View Post
    • Have a subscription discount for subscribing to both FFXI and FFXIV: We had this in the past for 1.0 and I'm surprised it wasn't brought back. Many of my FFXI friends are now playing FFXIV, and aren't willing to pay two full subscription fees at the same time.
    • More promotion on Square Enix channels: How many times has the @FinalFantasy official English Twitter account actually mentioned FFXI or its many campaigns/updates? Those older players are probably no longer following FFXI-specific sites/SNS but may still follow Square Enix or Final Fantasy SNS. Various people don't realize FFXI is still updating, and some even think it is shut down (due to the PS2 servers closed).
    • Implement a callback feature like FFXIV: This system would be very useful to invite older players back. It would be a message from a friend and could have various item benefits/etc. (Yes this could take development time to implement and I understand the dev team is smaller)
    • Video trailers: It looks like video trailers have been retired and are no longer made. Some new trailers should be made showing an overview of new features, easy of access or the latest stories. Videos are probably the best media type to catch someone's eye.
    I really like the idea of the callback feature. Maybe include some free Mog Pells for both the inviter/invitee mailed to them when the invitee reactivates their account? Even if it didn't add any new items, just being able to email someone a Gold World Pass would be nice. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rotflcopter View Post
    Stuff. That's off topic.
    No offense, but you should start a new thread if you just want to wishlist job/balance adjustments. Please re-read the OP if you disagree. ^^;;
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-22-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2