Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nexon Job Listings with some FFXI Mobile screenshots

I'm actually surprised no one posted this as of yet, but it seems like Nexon is looking for a character modeler. Also there's some screenshots of what the mobile version will probably look like.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2018/0...obile-version/
    (1)

Player
    I think those images need to be taken with a grain of salt.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I think those images need to be taken with a grain of salt.
    Looks awfully similar to when FFXI was revealed in 2000/2001, so sure you can say that, but it shows there actually has been development.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Looks awfully similar to when FFXI was revealed in 2000/2001, so sure you can say that, but it shows there actually has been development.
    Point I'm making is that these images are taken from a job listing page, these are not from an official press release about the game. They can literally draw images and put them on the page as concept art to give an idea of what they want from a modeler if they want to. I'm just saying, know what you're looking at because otherwise people are going to shout that Nexon lied to them with these images when they did no such thing.

People found images on a place they were never supposed to be publicly seen, so if you infer a level of quality to the game that turns out not the be the case...it's on you
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Point I'm making is that these images are taken from a job listing page, these are not from an official press release about the game. They can literally draw images and put them on the page as concept art to give an idea of what they want from a modeler if they want to. I'm just saying, know what you're looking at because otherwise people are going to shout that Nexon lied to them with these images when they did no such thing.

People found images on a place they were never supposed to be publicly seen, so if you infer a level of quality to the game that turns out not the be the case...it's on you
    No one is saying that it's from an official release. Also it's not the first time we've gotten screenshots from the mobile client, however it is the first bit of info we've gotten on the mobile client since Naoki Yoshida mentioned something about it early to mid last year. So at least we know that they're still working on it. Besides, I'm pretty sure that anyone can tell from reading the article that the game is still in development and that Nexon and SE are no where near finished.
    (0)

Character
    Pokes
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's nice to know that it might still exist maybe.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No one with a working brain wants this game.

No one above the age of 2 wants a game made by nexon.

Stop wasting time on garbage.
    (2)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Since those images came out, I decided to update my overall thread. Latest info compiled:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...bile_update_2/
    (0)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't get the Nexon hate.

I happen to have enjoyed a few of the titles they published, and you could do far worse than them. Maybe some of you have heard of a little company called EA?

I'm not going to pass judgement until we find out exactly what it really is.
    (0)

Player
    Here are your possibilities:

1:The mobile version is a Nexon cash grab with constant "buy crystals now!" prompts, that is a stage based mobile game akin to every other mobile game.

2:The mobile version actually turns out to be amazing with no subscription, masses of ffxi players unsubscribe from FFXI and that in-turn causes a crisis that could either shut the game down or force cuts in the size of the dev team.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast