Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new trust quest

Player

new trust quest

I know this is meaningless, but someone needs to address it.

This quest is completely assbackwards.

The people that need boosted trusts the most (and the august cipher) are NOT the ones that are already 119 and getting CP parties.

The requirements to start this quest are obscene. NEW players are the ones that deserve this quest.
    (1)

Player
    It is not intended for new players. New players are not intended to be tackling 125+ content lowman/solo, which is exactly what this is intended for. This is one of the many reasons why I wish they'd at least do official subtitles for Freshly Picked livecasts, since the devs addressed this yesterday in FP39.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-11-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Thats the entire point. It's a completely meaningless boost to us. (people 119)

Giving trusts 2 extra str doesn't matter AT ALL at 119.

It matters a little bit at level 1.

Qultada got 9 extra HP, whoopedy shit. You know where that 9 hp matters? level 1.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Thats the entire point. It's a completely meaningless boost to us. (people 119)

Giving trusts 2 extra str doesn't matter AT ALL at 119.

It matters a little bit at level 1.

Qultada got 9 extra HP, whoopedy shit. You know where that 9 hp matters? level 1.
    Which has no meaning because it's an ilvl issue. This is for established players who are having trouble filling out parties for 125+ content. Not every server has as many bodies to fill a PUG as Asura. And not every change, adjustment, or buff has to apply equally to lv1 as lv119.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    It literally accomplishes nothing for a 119 player. Literal. Absolute. Nothing.

Now when trust are i145 THEN it might start to matter.

THIS starting quest, should have started at level 1. THEN expanded upward.
    (1)

Player
    It literally accomplishes nothing for a 119 player. Literal. Absolute. Nothing.

Now when trust are i145 THEN it might start to matter.

THIS starting quest, should have started at level 1. THEN expanded upward.
    Until you've completed it and seen how they perform in a 3man/5man party, you can't say for fact how good/bad it really is. For example, I don't see how have a ilvl124 whm trust in a 5man party is going to be a bad thing in the least and is a far more attractive alternative than spending an extra hour standing in town while trying to track a whm player down.
    (0)

Player
    Using yoran @ 119 is no different than using a 135 Yoran Absolutely no different.

an i150 August still can't hold hate. an i190 tenzen will still only do 2k damage gekkos. an i1000 Joachim will still have +0 march and deal 3 damage with rocks.

But a shantotto II a level higher than the user level from 1-99 will do a noticeable amount of speed increase. especially a level 6 shantotto II in a 5 player party at level 1.
    (1)
    Last edited by Halley; 05-11-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Player
    Using yoran @ 119 is no different than using a 135 Yoran Absolutely no different.

an i150 August still can't hold hate. an i190 tenzen will still only do 2k damage gekkos. an i1000 Joachim will still have +0 march and deal 3 damage with rocks.

But a shantotto II a level higher than the user level from 1-99 will do a noticeable amount of speed increase. especially a level 6 shantotto II in a 5 player party at level 1.
    A few seconds shaved off per kill is not a game breaker. We're already at the point where, excluding limit break and ROV related time sinks, 1-99 is a matter of less than 12hrs of solo+trust grinding. If it's not your first rodeo, then we're talking closer to 8hrs.

Once again, this is not intended to make level grinding even faster than it already is. It is intended to make it a slightly less painful/risky proposition to go with a Trust to fill a 125+ clvl party. That is why it scales upwards with the more actual players you have.

Also, the key point in your argument is not the level, it's the Shantotto II. :x And no, your example would actually be slower than soloing at lv1 due to the archaic-and-should-be-removed group exp penalty system. It also wouldn't have much meaning since it already only takes 1-2 kills to hit lv2 nowadays.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-11-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Player
    A few seconds, per kill, for a million exp is a significant decrease.

And yes, Shantotto II is broken awesome. That's why I used her specifically. Increasing her level (at low level) is dramatic. it's worthless at i"X"
    (1)

Character
    Karppa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Still missing 2 trusts..

Kinda sucksgrinded all day trusts to get new quest.. atm I have 84 so need 2 of still...1 I can obtain from simple quest, but not having mog pell red... cant get 1 I needed from npc...alternative way is finish WOTG missions ugh.. so I could get missing 1, but not too eager finish that storyline atm, anyways is that quest even worth doing it?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast