Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Anguelwyvern
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

small rant about invasion domain (ppl doing it) and sugestion

ok so im doing (trying) to farm for an aeonics, started farming quetzalcoatl, BUT always ALWAYS, trust last maybe 30 sec ? befor getting wiped, so have to resummon to see them die again 20 sec later, and well have to repeat cause if i dont get a healer trust, i myself end up dying ...

so after some research, it turns out that if even 1 player stand BEHIMD the wyrm, it will do "spike flail"
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quetzalcoatl

now interesting things is that 95% of the time player standing BEHIND it are ppl with already ultimate weapon, so prob they can handle the dmg received well, but not everybody ...
    and that is clearly annoying !! i lost MANY invasion because of that, and its really unfair to punish whole area for 1 player selfishness...

a good things would be to, increase DMG done for player "BEHIND" (increase dmg idk 75% ?) for them to learn how to GTFO of behind it, and stop griefing everyone else

rant off
    (0)

Player
    This is one of the few possible ways to still get entertainment in the game now. #dealwithit
    (0)

Character
    Anguelwyvern
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    wiping new player ? entertainement ? hmmmm
    its called griefing
    (0)

Player
    It does qualify as griefing and is against the rules. If you are a victim of it, call a GM. Can't guarantee they'll do much these days, but I've seen ppl poof after reporting them before.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    99% of the rema's doesn't have defense stats.
    Standing behind helps from being terror'd.
    Also if your vorseals wear off, trusts die very fast.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    99% of the rema's doesn't have defense stats.
    Standing behind helps from being terror'd.
    Also if your vorseals wear off, trusts die very fast.
    I think the point about REMAs is that if you have one, odds are good your gear qualifies as at least "good" if not "BIS". You aren't going to see too many REMA players running around in sparks gear.

Standing behind also triggers spike flail. You are best standing on the sides, and a bit towards the front. Part of the problem that I usually run into outside of campaign is that Trust tanks will frequently inch their way towards the butt on these things for some reason, and trigger flail with almost no warning. I have other's trusts turned off, so I can't see if someone else's tank has managed to make it to the backside, and I imagine that others have the same thing happen. I, like you, have enough gear to survive it. Beginners probably don't, and there is no reason to intentionally do something that you know will get other players, who are not even in competition with you, killed.

For those in 117 to bayld 119, well, they are going to get splattered pretty frequently when flail goes off. It's also not a matter of vorseals wearing really since beginners are not going to have all that many vorseals active to begin with.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-11-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I understand it sucks but really nothing can be done about it.
    I /t ppl sometimes to stop ws'ing so can get 1k beads easier but it becomes a hassle and I start to feel like a nag.
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Also,
    I don't use tank trusts for quetz, just cycle through all the whm's when they die.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    Also,
    I don't use tank trusts for quetz, just cycle through all the whm's when they die.
    I don't normally see my Trusts die vs Quetz, but I still use the old setup for it and go as nuking BLU. :/ It's actually easier to cap out beads w/o campaign with 3+ people there since I can quickly and easily cap out killing adds and magic damage dealt categories.

Selh'teus is your main lifeline and should have a perm slot in your party during Domain Invasion. Arciela II helps too, but can give her slot to Amchuchu if needed. Just be careful on positioning if you are using a tank trust, especially if there's another player there doing the same. Normally fill out with Qultada, Ulmia/Joachim, Yoran-Oran.
    (0)

Character
    Reain
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They aren't griefing you. It's just the damage from spike flail is easier to mitigate than the terror from absolute terror, the full dispel from horrid roar and it also wakes people who are slept.

The big difference is probably vorseals. Bringing a GEO For Geo-Wilt drastically reduces the threat from spike flail.

Although, with the dragon campaign starting soon your problem may become getting enough evaluation to get capped beads before it dies, rather than your trusts dying.

Especially with the The Alter-Ego Expo starting May 16th which provides the following:

Alter Ego Expo
    Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
    - Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
    - Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reain; 05-11-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast