Player

How do I turn off the software keyboard in POL?

Password/account data got deleted somehow overnight.. Was working fine as always as of yesterday.. Anyway, I go to set myself back up, but I found out that I am unable to enter my login password because I am locked into using the software keyboard, which has all non-letter, non-number characters blocked.. and my passwords have special characters in them, so I am unable to login. =_=;; I have no idea how the software keyboard got turned on, nor any idea how to turn the damnable thing off.

Already sent an email to tech support, but wondered if maybe anyone else knows of a solution since I don't have faith in the speediness of their reply. ^^;; I'm betting that changing my password to a derpy basic one would work, but I don't want to change them at the moment. Any other suggestions?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well, I'd wait for tech to get back to you, but in the mean time. Type your password in Notepad, copy to clipboard and then CTRL+V (paste) it into the POL password box.
    (0)

Player
    How exactly can you be "locked" into using the software keyboard. If you click the input bar it accepts keyboard inputs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Well, I'd wait for tech to get back to you, but in the mean time. Type your password in Notepad, copy to clipboard and then CTRL+V (paste) it into the POL password box.
    Tried that already. It literally clipped out and blocked the special characters from what was pasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    How exactly can you be "locked" into using the software keyboard. If you click the input bar it accepts keyboard inputs.
    If I hit shift+4, nothing would show up instead of "$". The special character buttons on the software keyboard itself were all grayed out.

==========================

OK, got it fixed. The issue I was running in to was that I totally spaced on needing to enter both POL/SE passwords, so the client was expecting my POL password when I was expecting my SE password. /blush

For reference, I had to change my PlayOnline password using the account maintenance page (since I definitely do not remember that one,) then update the profile to save the new POL password, then enter my SquareEnix ID. Knew it'd be a simple fix. >_<;; Here's what the chat rep gave me in case anyone else needs a bit of help later on with a similar problem:

To change a PlayOnline Password please follow the steps below, after ensuring that the PlayOnline Launcher is closed:

1. Log into the Square Enix Account Managment System at https://secure.square-enix.com
    2. Select FINAL FANTASY XI.
    3. Look for the PlayOnline ID you wish to modify and select Options List.
    4. At the bottom of the screen look for "Update PlayOnline Password".
    5. After choosing the Update button will you prompt to In A New Enter Password You Wish To Use For The PlayOnline Account, Follow The Guidelines To Create The New Password.
    6. Selecting Update On This Screen Will Register The Newly Created Password Onto The PlayOnline Account
    You Can Now 7. Use The New Password For Future PlayOnline Sessions.
    8. Please Note That If The PlayOnline Password Is Saved On The PlayOnline Viewer This Will Need To Be Modified To Reflect The New Changes. This Can Be Done In The Settings Section Of the PlayOnline Viewer.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-08-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”