Good day, adventurers! Matsui here with the 411 on May’s version update.

May is a month for celebration in FINAL FANTASY XI, and this year marks Vana’diel’s sweet sixteen! But we’ll save the more detailed Vana’versary announcements for later, as there’s still two weeks left to go! Enjoy adventuring with Cornelia until the Vana’versary!

So without further ado, let’s dive into May’s version update. We’ve got an alter ego quest planned which will make your alter egos even stronger and higher level than before. Hopefully this will help those of you struggling with difficult Ambuscades (and by “you” I mean “me”) learn to solo them.

And on the topic of Ambuscade, we’ve got the regular monthly updates in the pipeline as well! So don your kabuto, break out your katana, and charge in headfirst with your alter egos at your back!

We’ve also got some quality-of-life improvements, including adjustments to song icons—something which we promised was coming on the official forums.

With two weeks left of FINAL FANTASY XI’s 15th year of service, we’re both celebrating what we accomplished in the past year and looking forward to what we can bring you in the 16th. But I should stop myself here, or else I won’t have anything to talk about in my greetings two weeks down the line!

Below, please find a list of content to be added in May. As our standard disclaimer goes, last-minute issues may arise that prevent us from implementing everything given in the table.

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and OverviewIn-progress TaskNotes
MayAlter ego・ Add enhancement quests-
MayAmbuscade・ Add new notorious monsters
・ Replace reward items
-
MayRecord of Eminence・ Add new objectives
・ Change target monsters
-
May15th Vana’versary Objectives・ Change target monsters
・ Remove special rewards
-