Character
    Candlejack
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Can't login as of 4/22/2018,POL-0011 and POL-0260 errors, please assist me. Thanks.

Platform: PC
    Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit Home
    ISP: Frontier/AT&T
    Nature of the problem: I keep getting system warnings from the game and PoL clients that there's problems with the network or that the servers are down, and yet the server listing on the FFXI website lists all servers as being up. Even if I can successfully get past where I see the warnings, something else happens: The game stops the login process at the point where it obtains character and server data. Meanwhile, I can login to other games, such as Team Fortress Two, with no problems at all, which shows it's not a problem from my end. However, up till yesterday I could login to Final Fantasy XI with absolutely no problems at all. I'm curious to know, is this problem only happening to me, or are others being affected? Also, could Square Enix customer service please look into the matter as well? Or is SE going to be a bunch of lazy jackasses, take my money, and laugh without lifting a finger to help a paying customer?
    Update to the problem on the morning of 4/23/2018: I can't even successfully log into PoL Viewer now. It stops right at obtaining Friends List data and doesn't budge. I even tried resetting my router to see if that cleared up the problem. The error codes PoL gives me are POL-0260 and POL-0011, "Network is busy or there are connection problems. Please verify that all cables, networking devices, and network settings are properly configured". It was even saying the same BS last night on occasion.
    (0)
    Last edited by FenrirCandlejack; 04-24-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You need to fill out the correct template. That way, you can collate/share data with other people (such as your ISP).

This is how people with a similar problem a few days back established that they were all using the same ISP - Which turned out to be what was causing the issue.
    (0)

Character
    Candlejack
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If it was something to do with my ISP, I think it would have cleared itself up with a router reset, and it would have also affected other games and standard web browsing activities. So, no. This is clearly a problem on SE's end of things since the only time I notice the problem is when I try to run PlayOnline. If it was an ISP problem, it would affect more than just my connection to FFXI (As in, unable to access other MMO games, unable to even browse the internet, etc).
    (0)
    Last edited by FenrirCandlejack; 04-23-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Character
    Candlejack
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Guess the rumors are true: Unless someone with a genuine problem with the game is from Japan, Square Enix customer service doesn't give a shit and won't lift a finger to do anything.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirCandlejack View Post
    If it was something to do with my ISP, I think it would have cleared itself up with a router reset, and it would have also affected other games.
    Hmm.. Nope, not true. Gets a bit more technical than that.
    (1)

Character
    Candlejack
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Hmm.. Nope, not true. Gets a bit more technical than that.
    Whatever it was seemed to have cleared itself up. If it was nothing on my immediate end, and nothing on SE's end, then it had to be some retard at the ISP spilling coffee on some technical equipment and causing the problem.
    (0)