Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
Monk is fine. OP plays in a linkshell that 18 mans the entire game so he'll never see a purpose for monk. It's not meant for that type of playstyle, and you're always going to be better off coming another job when you TP burn things with 18.

It's niche and uniqueness are for lowmanning, not 18 manning. Monk cannot be buffed to fit into 18 man zergs without breaking the game for lowman groups. Not every job needs to be good in every situation, that'd be bad for the game.

Monk is fine.

Sincerely, someone who plays monk for it's unique niche situational uses(which there are actually many of)
Please don't presume to speak for me. A majority of the content, I enjoy in a group consisting of me and two others.

This niche and uniqueness you speak of is completely fabricated. There is not one thing I can think of in the game, with any size group, where I would consider monk a good choice over the other options. They simply do not do anything atm that another job can't do better. You mention these many uses, but despite all of the adjectives used I see no examples that could help further the discussion. I have been playing monk since back when there was only a handful of us around who even bothered to cap guarding, so I've seen pretty much every iteration of the monk's role. And it not being for groups with X number of players is neither intended, nor is it particularily true. Just because you can't effectively use it for something other than casual play or old content currently, does not mean it is meant to do that, or that it is particularily good at it compared to any alternative.

Just because you have chosen to play monk does not mean you are in the wrong for doing so. But it also doesn't have any correlation to the validity of the concerns brought up in this thread, or the viability of monk in today's endgame (which is what this thread is addressing, as mentioned in the op). You're not being accused of being bad, just because you've chosen to play something that is currently bad; Please keep it civil, constructive, and based in facts.