Character
    Xairos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 91

Reduction of Cooldown Timers

Here i'll just start a collection of things that should have a reduction of timers now that the overall pacing of the game is much faster when compared to the older FFXI.

My first entry: The Signal Pearl.

Even without questing this thing sits at a pretty 20 hours. When he/she is present and fighting, the cap is about 15 mobs. Given the present state of the game, I would settle for a 8-10 recharge, given the fact that you can quest and get that reduced.

Any additions to the list?
    (0)

Character
    Kimikiki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    People actually still level their NPC's?
    (0)
    Kimiko - Siren
    /panic motion - http://www.panicmotion.net

Cooldowns & such are annoying for some jobs.

Example:
    Enmity Douse - 10min (even 5min seems kinda long!) small things like this should be 2-3 minutes.
    2 Stratagem Abilities - Scholar merited abilities that use 2 stratagems were a HUGE turn off.
    etc........
    (0)

The cap is only 15 mobs if you have never leveled your NPC. I have mine at max level and I think it gets about 30 or so kills. It was handy/fun before the level increase, but is still useful for low level jobs. I do agree that a cool down reduction would be nice as well as one for XP rings obtainable by conquest points. Would help with getting those low level jobs up to 30.
    (0)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Item and Job Ability timers are two very different issues. This thread title is going to create a mishmash of responses.
    (0)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Cooldown timer is the "proper" or "universal" term for Abilities in every MMO. Either way, the "reduction of..." should be applied to both, or anything with an outrageously long timer.
    (0)

Character
    Xairos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 91
    Yeah, this is item cooldowns only. Where is my quick edit?
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    People actually still level their NPC's?
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezz View Post
    Cooldowns & such are annoying for some jobs.

Example:
    Enmity Douse - 10min (even 5min seems kinda long!) small things like this should be 2-3 minutes.
    2 Stratagem Abilities - Scholar merited abilities that use 2 stratagems were a HUGE turn off.
    etc........
    There's actually a good reason for both the long timer on Enmity Douse and the double-stratagem costs. Enmity Douse is an emergency ability which you should not rely upon, thus the long timer. 2-Stratagem-cost abilities are likely considered to be stronger (or more abusable, possibly when combined with enough other stratagems) than 1-Stratagem-cost abilities, and thus require the higher cost to balance them out.

Also, please read the OP before replying to a thread. Titles can be misleading sometimes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xairos View Post
    Yeah, this is item cooldowns only. Where is my quick edit?
    Alas, new forum is new. Here's hoping quick edit is something they add soon.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Healing Waltz.
    (0)