Character
    Enoah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Connection issues mostly in Playonline

Details:
    Issue started around 1:00AM GMT+1 on 15th of April. I am a semi returning player playing since 18th of March. I say semi since I can no longer access my old account. So I have started the game from scratch. I had no issues ingame or in Playonline up to this point. Yesterday started having issues with searching in game (returns with error) in the auction house. Then I tried the player search and also returned with error. (fixed the 2nd time I have done it) then when i have zoned to another area, got disconnected (3001 error I believe). Took me till now to get my character out of that zone (Alzhabi if needed to know the zone).

Now I am having errors constantly. POL-0011 is most frequent with POL-1160 thrown in the mix it can get into the FFXI login in 1 shot, or after 2-6 errors. Even after I manage to get passed the Play online section, while logging in it can return me with an error 3001 that the log in server are not responding.

The game was running fine without issues, maybe some disconnection but quickly got fixed since I started playing in March 18th.

Steps:
    1. Constant errors POL-0011, POL-1160 ever since 15th of April in Playonline.
    2. Once in Final Fantasy XI, it can return with error 3001, then followed by 1160, then 0011.
    3. Some zones in game (Alzhabi in my case) can cause endless blackscreen loading loop.

Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Homebuilt Computer

Windows 10 64bit Home

Graphics Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

ISP:
    Telefonica Espanya (Movistar) so yes I am an EU player.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Fiber

Additional note: I finally managed to log in after 4 hours of fighting around. But I don't know how stable it is. And am fearing if I get stuck again on another zone. Right now I am avoiding Alzhabi but not sure for how long since I am doing missions around these areas.

I am also having trouble entering this very forum. A lot of times returns me with timed out error. Does not happen to any other webpage. I also did contacted my ISP. They have not changed any configuration and we did some long tests. They keep telling me that the POL connection keeps timing out and the issue is not on their side.

The infinite black screen loading loop I did experience before when I played before I quit. But that was usually when Besieged took place, this time the zone was empty. Its still empty yet it can still happen. POL Error bombarding is something new though.

Additional Note 2: Now Dced going to Sandoria South. And getting the infinite loading screen.
    (1)
    Last edited by Enoah; 04-16-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Character
    Rhaina
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm also on Movistar (Spain) and I receive the same errors described by the OP when attempting to log in. I noticed this issue on Sunday morning (15th April 2018) around 10am GMT+1.

I've been playing without any connection issues for the past 9 months.

So far I sometimes am able to get to the character select screen but then it never loads. My character was DC'ed at Selbina/Valkurm zone.

Most of the times, though, I can't even log in to PlayOnline.

(0)

Character
    Khote
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Same issue here, also from Spain and Movistar.

Getting errors when trying to log in and even when I manage to do so I get disconnected randomly when zoning or changing characters.
    (1)

Character
    Enoah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hello,

I have opened another case with the ISP. This time in a public forum. Currently I am using a third party VPN program (WTFast if interested, using France as the tube) and I am able to login like before without issues. The black screen loading hell happens from time to time but relogging does clear it out, unlike without the VPN it stays there for... god knows how long. Its an expensive alternative but for those interested it works. When I hear any update I will post them back here.

Strangely enough this same problem happens in Final Fantasy XIV's launcher. Not in game since we do have an EU server. But the launcher lags a lot before the login/password fields appear. As well as the play button when you introduce it. Its just like in POL but not giving errors.
    (0)

Character
    Selenius
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoah View Post
    Hello,

I have opened another case with the ISP. This time in a public forum. Currently I am using a third party VPN program (WTFast if interested, using France as the tube) and I am able to login like before without issues. The black screen loading hell happens from time to time but relogging does clear it out, unlike without the VPN it stays there for... god knows how long. Its an expensive alternative but for those interested it works. When I hear any update I will post them back here.

Strangely enough this same problem happens in Final Fantasy XIV's launcher. Not in game since we do have an EU server. But the launcher lags a lot before the login/password fields appear. As well as the play button when you introduce it. Its just like in POL but not giving errors.
    Gracias! tenía el mismo problema (movistar tambien) y con WTFast puedo volverme a loguear normal y jugar sin problemas
    (0)

Character
    Enoah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    As someone mentioned in this thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ng-to-new-area

Seems the DCing issue has been fixed. So far no error 0011, 1160 and 3001 while logging in.
    (0)