Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Sphere success rate changed?

I am farming Exoray Molds in CN to synth into spheres, and after this last "update" when cards were added, my success rate has dropped dramatically.
    I averaged 2 out of 3 successful synthesis attempts previous to update; now I am getting less that 1 out of 6.
    That's a major drop from ~66% to under ~16%.
    Anyone else notice this drastic change? Seems SE doesn't WANT us legal non-botting players to make the shields now?
    Or at least made it nearly over 4x harder to farm/make spheres?
    Please fix this !!!!!
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Note: After 15 attempts, had 13 fail/breaks, 1 NQ induration sphere, 1 HQ1 induration sphere.
    Before "card addition" update: I would usually average 8+ spheres per stack of 12 crystals.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I did notice a higher than normal break rate for exoray molds as well, but it could have been moonphase. I will continue testing.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    I did notice a higher than normal break rate for exoray molds as well, but it could have been moonphase. I will continue testing.
    Didn't SE state that moonphase/direction/day has no bearing on crafting? Only moonphase is a factor when fishing.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Didn't SE state that moonphase/direction/day has no bearing on crafting? Only moonphase is a factor when fishing.
    They did say it yes BUT they also didn't say that they will tell the truth. It's not like they were under oath so it could have been misinformation.

In the original Japanese text response, the way I translate, it is responding open ended.

Along the lines of maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't.

In Japanese it was どっちなの!?

which I would translate it as "which was it now?....."

they did repost でません as the official answer which is a definitive "it does not" but why was the 1st one どっちなの!?. Because of this I still follow moon/direction. But much like luck you do what you believe and what works for you. If you choose not to believe they affect so be it.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-30-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Player
    They did say it yes BUT they also didn't say that they will tell the truth. It's not like they were under oath so it could have been misinformation.

In the original Japanese text response, the way I translate, it is responding open ended.

Along the lines of maybe it does, or maybe it doesn't.

In Japanese it was どっちなの!?

which I would translate it as "which was it now?....."

they did repost でません as the official answer which is a definitive "it does not" but why was the 1st one どっちなの!?. Because of this I still follow moon/direction. But much like luck you do what you believe and what works for you. If you choose not to believe they affect so be it.
    The first response was only a joke, (about how passionate some people can be when it comes to their personal superstitions perhaps.) ^^;; They did clarify it to an absolute "no" later, just to make sure that those who didn't get the joke still got the answer.

You are welcome to believe whatever you want to, but the answer is a definite and asbsolute "no", so please do not try to convince others that there is even the slightest possibility that it's anything but.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just to help: I did it more than once with different moon phases, all to same results.
    I did attempts during 50% (increasing), then 98% (decreasing), and finally at 5% (decreasing).
    All results came out near exactly the same, even though I remember moon phases were meant to help with crafting (0+% = more HQ, ~50% = more failure, 95+% more skill-ups), but not anything for desynthesis attempts, which is the cases here.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I still follow moon/direction
    Ha. So do I actually, even though I read it doesn't have a baring. I guess old habits never die.

I do find it interesting though that the RoE relating to crafting (The anniversary ROE, "Jinx") specifically states Lightsday. Maybe that means something
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Ha. So do I actually, even though I read it doesn't have a baring. I guess old habits never die.

I do find it interesting though that the RoE relating to crafting (The anniversary ROE, "Jinx") specifically states Lightsday. Maybe that means something
    "Back in the day...."
    Lightsday was meant for that higher rate of success and skill-up gains.
    Darksday was meant for higher rate of HQ results and more critical failures.
    I even remember reading somewhere that equipping an elemental staff of the appropriate element (Pluto's, Earth, Jupiter's, etc...) also helped too, but having Woodworking, AND having all those staves in HQ, I saw no difference from them. But days of week AND moon phases AND which way you faced ALL seemed to matter for my results. I mean GEO has that "Cardinal" thing, so I guess it cannot hurt for crafting. Always seemed to work for me; i.e. I made 3 Voodoo (Rao+1) gears in 4 minutes during a 0% New Moon on Darksday facing North while crafting. Took me a LOONG time to make my 4th & 5th piece, and THAT happened again on a Darksday at 2% on first few attempts.
    ... go figure :P
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Besides the main problem is not the desynth rate it is THE CHEATERS. The ones that bot farm the items to synth into spheres is the underlying cause of all this.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast