Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Beerus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Are you a returnee in non-119 gear who has no idea how to get past sparks gear?
    Are you an actually new player who has no idea what you should even be aiming for past sparks gear? (Or what that little upside white triangle means on some ilvl gear?) I can help!

I've been offering the following as "welcome gifts" for my new ls members for a long time, but always felt a lil' bad that I couldn't snatch up every stray newbie/returnee that popped up in chat.

I'm also one of those irritated at the proliferation of mercenary services at the cost of actual group-play for those still at the lower tiers of endgame content.

So, simple idea. I am now an unmerc. I run a BST+BLM dualbox team, which can smash faces rather well. I can carry 2x cheerleaders at a time, so you will get vorseal unlocks along the way. I am offering this service not for those who are already established, but for those who actually need help. I'd also really appreciate it if trolling be kept to a minimum, since I am trying to do something good here. ^^;;

Prices for my services are as follows:

Escha - Zi'tah T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
    Escha - Zi'tah T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil

Escha - Ru'aun T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
    Escha - Ru'aun T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil (We will also need to catch one of our ls tanks in a benevolent mood to be sure of safe/speedy kills for some of them due to the adds. ^^;; )

TBH, I probably won't complain if someone (who's not struggling with gil) wants to help cover the cost of T1 pops, but those are only 6k/EZ and 10k/ER, and I really won't be happy with being offered more than that.
    This is intended to be a non-profit operation.

As long as I'm prepped with KIs before starting, can do ~20x EZ T1 per radialens, so you should even have a decent shot at getting gear that you are looking for. ^^

I am not rich. I could definitely use more gil in general. I just don't care enough about gil to not-help other players who actually need help. Bring on the salt mercs. >:3

I will try to keep an eye on this thread, and am crossposting this on ffxiah and bgwiki forums, but your best bet is probably to catch me ingame. You can find me on one of my myriad characters, find a member of my linkshell FaceDesk who can let me know, grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the 3 city concierges, etc. (You're welcome to keep the pearl too if you are looking for a social/help ls. ^^ We welcome all.)

The many me's: Nyarlko, Cthuko, Mirajayn, Mikudayo, Hoardingmule, Naru, Ghutatan.
    Cthuuko, Shantakun, Pettanko, Rorymercury, Mahirosan, Hasturkun, Klptzyxm.
    If you can't find one, you can usually find another. ^^
    ^^ This is the FFXI I remember. Helping one another was part of what MADE this game and this community one of the BEST! I wouldn't mind a little help when I finish chapter 2 of RoV. Right now I have to keep pushing through WotG missions to finish RoV2... Currently I only have BLM 99 with all subs for it. I have IE117 full set of sparks gear. But I am really thinking about ditching BLM as it seems more of a niche job now. I am tempted to do SMN(24) or BST(1). I just don't want to dump a bunch of time into BLM to not be wanted end-game wise. From what I hear SMN is pretty OP and useful nowdays. I always had my eyes on SMN but required ALOT of help back in the day to get all the SMNS etc.
    Anyways , great post!
    Nioooo-Asura
    (0)

Player
    FaceDesk linkshell is once again able to open it's doors for new membership! \o/

I've been working on a second linkshell to move our event members to. And yes, this ragtag bunch of returnees and newbies who couldn't even open the Gobbiebox have been doing things like Omen and Dyna recently. Successfully! XD We've been hovering around 50-60 members online almost 'round the clock, which was why I had to close membership earlier. We had 58 online tonight at 1am today...

The new linkshell (FaceDeskToo) is now up and running, and the membership move is going smoothly so far, which means that we already have room once again in FaceDesk for those who are looking for a helping hand! If you are interested in joining us, send a tell to Nyarlko and/or Cthuuko in-game. ^^
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-31-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Doomlion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    I recently returned to the game after not playing in probably 10 years lol. Started a new character and was just looking for a linkshell to play with some others. tbh the game has so much to do and is a bit overwhelming. I only just hit 60 on pld and beat the shadow lord but all been solo and a bit lonely lol. Just wondering if you had space for a really new player, prob the biggest noob in the game lol
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by davieccc87 View Post
    I recently returned to the game after not playing in probably 10 years lol. Started a new character and was just looking for a linkshell to play with some others. tbh the game has so much to do and is a bit overwhelming. I only just hit 60 on pld and beat the shadow lord but all been solo and a bit lonely lol. Just wondering if you had space for a really new player, prob the biggest noob in the game lol
    Sounds like FaceDesk is exactly what you are looking for then. Send a tell to Nyarlko or Cthuuko ingame, or if you run into a member you can ask them to ask in ls for a pearl for you.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jaycyn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 30

FaceDesk LS

Are you still accepting newish players? I am a returning player and would like some company on my journey. I played many years ago and am now returning. More of a casual player at the moment, but willing to help out once I get high enough to do so.
    (0)
    "Dream on Alice, this ain't Wonderland!"

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacey View Post
    Are you still accepting newish players? I am a returning player and would like some company on my journey. I played many years ago and am now returning. More of a casual player at the moment, but willing to help out once I get high enough to do so.
    We are always accepting newish players. Look for Nyarlko or Cthuuko and I'll get you a pearl.
    (0)

Character
    Heycreative
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Tried to join as a returning player and was told no, so seems like this has changed. Sad to see as I was excited when I read this.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by heycrative View Post
    Tried to join as a returning player and was told no, so seems like this has changed. Sad to see as I was excited when I read this.
    Hi Heycreative! What I told you was that we are still accepting helpees, but not helpers. We are not an endgame/event ls and are not accepting applications for those who are already in a good position to get into an actual endgame/event ls, entirely because of the archaic online membership cap. >_<;; I would rather get more people who need help in, than people who are already ready for endgame who tend to lurk and only speak up when someone decides to start up an event. Blame SE for not being able to increase the limit.

I did send you a tell once I got a free moment, and didn't see a response back yesterday, so was already planning on hitting you up later today to get you a pearl, if you're still interested. FaceDesk will always welcome new/returning players who actually need help getting up to speed. We are just full up on helpers who can/will get those new/returning players rolling. ^^;;;
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-07-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Character
    Timtom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I started playing in Dec last year so I'm pretty new to everything, would love to join your LS
    (0)

Character
    Farchord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I sent you a tell in-game, if you need help with your events lemme know.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2