Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
Are you a returnee in non-119 gear who has no idea how to get past sparks gear?
Are you an actually new player who has no idea what you should even be aiming for past sparks gear? (Or what that little upside white triangle means on some ilvl gear?) I can help!

I've been offering the following as "welcome gifts" for my new ls members for a long time, but always felt a lil' bad that I couldn't snatch up every stray newbie/returnee that popped up in chat.

I'm also one of those irritated at the proliferation of mercenary services at the cost of actual group-play for those still at the lower tiers of endgame content.

So, simple idea. I am now an unmerc. I run a BST+BLM dualbox team, which can smash faces rather well. I can carry 2x cheerleaders at a time, so you will get vorseal unlocks along the way. I am offering this service not for those who are already established, but for those who actually need help. I'd also really appreciate it if trolling be kept to a minimum, since I am trying to do something good here. ^^;;

Prices for my services are as follows:

Escha - Zi'tah T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
Escha - Zi'tah T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil

Escha - Ru'aun T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
Escha - Ru'aun T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil (We will also need to catch one of our ls tanks in a benevolent mood to be sure of safe/speedy kills for some of them due to the adds. ^^;; )

TBH, I probably won't complain if someone (who's not struggling with gil) wants to help cover the cost of T1 pops, but those are only 6k/EZ and 10k/ER, and I really won't be happy with being offered more than that.
This is intended to be a non-profit operation.

As long as I'm prepped with KIs before starting, can do ~20x EZ T1 per radialens, so you should even have a decent shot at getting gear that you are looking for. ^^

I am not rich. I could definitely use more gil in general. I just don't care enough about gil to not-help other players who actually need help. Bring on the salt mercs. >:3

I will try to keep an eye on this thread, and am crossposting this on ffxiah and bgwiki forums, but your best bet is probably to catch me ingame. You can find me on one of my myriad characters, find a member of my linkshell FaceDesk who can let me know, grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the 3 city concierges, etc. (You're welcome to keep the pearl too if you are looking for a social/help ls. ^^ We welcome all.)

The many me's: Nyarlko, Cthuko, Mirajayn, Mikudayo, Hoardingmule, Naru, Ghutatan.
Cthuuko, Shantakun, Pettanko, Rorymercury, Mahirosan, Hasturkun, Klptzyxm.
If you can't find one, you can usually find another. ^^
^^ This is the FFXI I remember. Helping one another was part of what MADE this game and this community one of the BEST! I wouldn't mind a little help when I finish chapter 2 of RoV. Right now I have to keep pushing through WotG missions to finish RoV2... Currently I only have BLM 99 with all subs for it. I have IE117 full set of sparks gear. But I am really thinking about ditching BLM as it seems more of a niche job now. I am tempted to do SMN(24) or BST(1). I just don't want to dump a bunch of time into BLM to not be wanted end-game wise. From what I hear SMN is pretty OP and useful nowdays. I always had my eyes on SMN but required ALOT of help back in the day to get all the SMNS etc.
Anyways , great post!
Nioooo-Asura