Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The game could definitely use a world merge right now, all they have to do is not to merge the most populated servers like Asura.

I play in Carbuncle and I like how chill the game is in here, we still get endgame done and help new players gear, the main problem here is the lack of materials in the AH but besides that I like it a lot better than when I was in Asura. If they merge those servers with under 300 players online I don't think that should be an issue, just a bit more competition for some abyssea NMs and bit longer queues for Ambuscade but we still wouldn't get the waiting times they got in Asura.
    (0)

Whether a server merger occurs or not, it won't fix the main problem, which is being involved with a dedicated LS that takes on content. I am also on Lakshmi, and met plenty of players in great LS that do content almost daily. Sometimes, it better to ask for an active shell than or get referred to one. Also, some of those good shells are looking for key jobs (mainly support jobs) and most are down to help you on any content outside of Aeonic weapons (it's a hit or miss). I don't play as often as I use to due to the line of work, but when I do have a chance to play, the LSes I am involved in definitely lend a hand when I need it and squeeze me into events, even if I am not up-to-par in a needed job.

I say mingle a bit more around the server, make a couple of new friends and go from there. Also, you can build a new LS and experience the new content with like-minded folks.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Whether a server merger occurs or not, it won't fix the main problem, which is being involved with a dedicated LS that takes on content. I am also on Lakshmi, and met plenty of players in great LS that do content almost daily. Sometimes, it better to ask for an active shell than or get referred to one. Also, some of those good shells are looking for key jobs (mainly support jobs) and most are down to help you on any content outside of Aeonic weapons (it's a hit or miss). I don't play as often as I use to due to the line of work, but when I do have a chance to play, the LSes I am involved in definitely lend a hand when I need it and squeeze me into events, even if I am not up-to-par in a needed job.

I say mingle a bit more around the server, make a couple of new friends and go from there. Also, you can build a new LS and experience the new content with like-minded folks.
    Yes, that is old school FFXI.

However, on Asura it's littered with mercs selling anything from gear/job points/ambuscade/dynamis/fresh air.
    (1)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    You don't have to use them. Asura has plenty of normal linkshells, too.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    You don't have to use them. Asura has plenty of normal linkshells, too.
    I don't use them.

If they didn't exist, people would have to form groups and actually experience battles (and learn). There would be more 'pick up group' shouts, and the game would be played as intended.
    (0)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I've also done plenty of Pickup Groups recently, too. If you don't see them, start one.
    (0)

Character
    Cleokat
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 23
    So true! I started playing back in 2007 and I loved the game because of all the parties you could get into, even for just leveling. I quit in 2011 due to some family issues and have finally returned this year. I find that I am now having to solo everything because no one is interested in simple cooperation anymore. most of the people on my server seem to all be lvl 99 already. For those that aren't, such as myself, there aren't any opportunities to meet and join current linkshells and or groups. I wouldn't mind so much if this didn't seem to make the game stale. I loved this game and am trying to tough it out, but it is hard when all the fun seems to have been leeched out of it by these facts.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    There are plenty of good groups on asura. I run a group myself that does everything in house, we rarely shout aside to sell items we don't need. The issue you may face is getting into this type of group. I don't just take anyone, only recommendations from existing members.

If I had more time I'd help new/returning players more than I do, but I don't so I have to pick and choose.
    (0)

Character
    Azazura
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I don't use them.

If they didn't exist, people would have to form groups and actually experience battles (and learn). There would be more 'pick up group' shouts, and the game would be played as intended.
    mercing has been in mmo since text based MUD ff11 had mercing since the NA ps2 launch.

most the ppl who Merc, are doing so for alt, lack of time or don't follow the meta.

I am largely playing solo to see the stories that i just never completed. And my play-style never really fit the meta. i recall having shouts made anout telling ppl not to play with me due to that. Even though i still aided the group in my own way.

what players choose to do doesn't change the game. If you wanna start a group, do so. If you start a pt, and we are on the same server idm joining, just don't belittle my play style as i do try hard to play my role.
    (0)
    FFxi: Azazura Bahamut.
    FFxiv: Aza Dalamiq Siren

Old time Vet looking to get back into ffxi.
    first play ps2/xbox: 2004-2013
    Second play: 2023-????

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Why is a name so important?
    What if everyone else on the server doesn't want a merge, just you.
    Your worried your feeling will get hurt by having to change your name but don't care others people feeling when they get forced a server merge because you want.
    What if your server isn't the host server and through a merge you'll have to change your name anyway.
    This is a silly discussion.
    Deal with the name change and move or stay on that server and deal with the low population.
    Easy solution.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast