Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

4 new BST posts in 2017 and 100,000+ views

Hi SE,
    If my count is correct, this forum has received 4 new Beastmaster forum posts in 2017, with a combined total of over 100,000+ views. What does that tell you? I think it tells that we've given up, and no longer will hold out hope, asking SE to improve the future for Beastmaster players.

I was going to hold out hope that you will improve Beastmaster as a frontline-DD....but there has been no such development. I mean, Beastmaster relic and Call Beast +3 would have been a decent nudge to help us keep playing BST at all....but that didn't happen either. (Let's face it, if improving BST as a DD becomes anything like Monk's Boost ability, I might as well just delete my content ID right now).

Meanwhile, Summoners can play with the same unrestricted distance and access that Beastmasters enjoyed for over 10 years.

Anyway, this post is to say that I give up. My Beastmaster is permanently retired. I will no longer hold out hope for SE to improve my favorite job, so ...Thanks for the memories, SE.
    (5)

It is a shame SE, from my point of view, destroyed how BST plays. I took a break while Guttler got dusty in the corner and made a Kenkonken and tried BST again - like you said, it's still broken from my point of view. While I canceled my FFXI I still lurk the forums now and then hoping SE would fix the over-correction they made. /sigh
    (2)

Player
    Well i quit after i built Guttler cause of the out of range bug on some small stuff and 90% on large monsters got so bad wipeing trust cause id need to re position tto use ready
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vavant View Post
    Well i quit after i built Guttler cause of the out of range bug on some small stuff and 90% on large monsters got so bad wipeing trust cause id need to re position tto use ready
    The idea behind it was that BST's were apparently designed to fight alongside their pets. The problem is, you can be fighting the monster along side your pet, and still get 'out of range' when trying to Ready or Reward. As you mentioned, this is even more of a problem with larger monsters. In my opinion, the range issue definitely needs tweaking.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Games 1000x better when BST isn't a good job.
    (0)

Player
    Shiyo... I lvled bst back in the day spent millions on pet gear and to lvl cooking to be good back then it took work to make bst good unlike bandwagon bsts and dont talk down a job u probly know zero about i was bst main yes main from 2008-2016 i soloed trioed as bst soloed some stuff had fun doing it i played it cause i loved the job not cause it was good and back at 75 bst was pretty much hated cause they stole ppls xp mobs
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quit yer whining
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Quit yer whining
    This really isn't constructive. Beastmasters have been frontline jobs for almost 3 years now, with no improvements to indicate as such. Meanwhile Summoners (Astral Conduit Burn) IS EXACTLY LIKE Beastmaster's spamming Unleash, when we could spam pet moves within 20 yalms. There is no reason to restrict beastmasters to 7 yalms, especially, when Summoner can enjoy the same ability with no restrictions.
    (0)

Player
    The range is closer to 6y for tarutaru btw. You just don't notice it because you're a galka...

I've ranted about the racial inequality before for BST, so I'm going to hold back from doing so again (but I don't think there are any other jobs w/ any non-self-targeted JAs w/ ranges as short as ours, so it really stands out on BST.) I believe that a middle-ground range between current and old would be enough to make most of us happy.. Something around 12y would eliminate the bugs introduced by the range nerf, but not let master stand {Over there.} in complete safety. We'd at least be able to melee on the larger targets alongside our pets, like the devs want us to, without getting constant and frustrating OOR messages on Reward.

None of the complaints about BST at the time of the nerf were actually addressed either. The complaints at the time were centered on things like Unleash, and Readies were doing similar-more damage than most WS, plus melees at the time did not have the survivability options that they do now, so it was harder to keep a melee up than a jug pet. Outside of Unleash, BST was actually more on the slow-and-steady side back then actually, but were able to down things that other jobs found nigh-impossible w/o a dynamite team (even if it took 5-10min to do so.) The range nerf just made the job painful enough to play that it chased off most of the bandwagoners at the time.

Move three years forward and the current disparity between pet damage potential vs melee job damage potential should prevent any repeat of what happened before, (modern DD damage has far outpaced jug pet damage output already,) if our JA range was increased to non-bug-inducing levels. Still waiting for any incentive, JAs, JTs, and gear support to be added to encourage us to actually whack things with an axe, like the devs decreed we should be doing, instead of {Over there.} style gameplay. :/
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-27-2018 at 02:18 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I sincerely hope SE takes this into consideration when when the Beastmaster Adjustment comes along. If BST had to be nerfed with 7-yalm distance restriction 3 years ago as well as weakening super revitalizers, to keep players from spamming content, then so be it. I understand completely.

However, to call it a "front-line" job and make no adjustments to indicate that type of play style is absolutely ridiculous. The BST Adjustment should be a serious BST overhaul (job abilities, job traits, consolidated Killer Trait, all current (and new) jug pets getting an update to 119).
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast