Player

Is Dancer a healer?

Hello been a couple of years since I played and I am returning back to try out the game again, I was wondering if Dancers are used to heal in endgame because I love healing but want something different from the generic White Mage.
    (0)

Player
    DNC for the most part doesn't get used at all, let alone as a healing roll. It's a passable dd but a war/whm is a better healer.
    (0)

Player
    Wow ... really that’s sad they worked as a secondary healers years ago. What other jobs can main heal other than WHM?
    (0)

Player
    Pretty much defaulted to WHM only, but rdm and sch can work in select situations. DNC could in theory but its really not preferred at all.

Basically everything just does such a ridiculous amount of aoe damage that nothing can keep up.
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    DNC for the most part doesn't get used at all, let alone as a healing roll. It's a passable dd but a war/whm is a better healer.
    The fact that DNC isn't heavily used is not an accurate gauge of its performance as a DD.

I hope the bolded is just a typo.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    The fact that DNC isn't heavily used is not an accurate gauge of its performance as a DD.

I hope the bolded is just a typo.
    Not a typo, just snarkiness. XD And no, WAR/WHM is not a better healer than DNC. lol

TBH tho, I've successfully taken over mainhealing in Omen as BLM/RDM after WHM dc'd. Basically, anyone with MP and geared for curing is capable of main-healing outside of brainless melee zergs. WHM just has enough advantages over everyone else w/ natural access to all healing spells, Yagrush, infinite healing MP due to empy pants I think it was :?, etc. to make it quite un-necessary for even experimentally inclined players to consider going with any other healer.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kimchibi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Healing involves more than just tossing cures. It is useless to cure someone who is cursed or doomed. A tank that is paralyzed or petrified cannot tank. A BLM/rdm cannot cast -na spells to remove paralyze, curse, or petrify.

A DNC can do some curing and erase many statuses, but the DNC needs to be within melee range. DNC can toss a mega curaga with Divine Waltz II whenever he has TP. The DNC will also be needing a constant supply of TP and steps to cure melee and tank which means he will be feeding the boss TP. Not a good idea to feed TP to a boss with wicked abilities. Hence, if the DNC is curing, something has gone wrong with the endgame set-up. For the same reason, if a BLM/rdm is curing, something has gone wrong with the set-up.

High-end, endgame DNC is a powerful melee class that can close 99k dark skillchains, double dark skillchains and massive umbras (with Aenas). On some bosses like the Dynamis Windurst [D] megaboss who is weak to stabbing/piercing, a DNC paired with a THF (or another DNC) can chain darkness efficiently, quickly and almost non-stop.

DNC can also step-in in an emergency to tank temporarily with Fan Dance until the group's PLD or RUN recovers. However, DNC does not have as much hate mechanics to hold hate like PLD or RUN.
    (2)

Character
    Merils
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Send me a tell in game I'll help you out. I'm on asura.
    (1)