Character
    Jaqbauer
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 75

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Problems

I'm returning to XI after about 9 years off. I've only played XI on the Xbox 360 before. I'm very ignorant when it comes to PC. However, I managed to set up XI on a PC running Windows 7 (64-bit). I can login and access my characters just fine, with a keyboard and mouse. My problem is with the 360 wireless controller. I run into one of three issues no matter what I've tried:

1. At the title page of the game where you have to select from five options (Select Character, Delete Character, etc.) the cursor rapidly cycles from the top of the list to the bottom of the list. It continues in this fashion no matter what.

2. I'm able to log into the game but the right analog stick will not work.

3. I'm able to log into the game but the D-pad will not work.

I've tried messing around with FFXIConfig and Gamepad Settings. I've tried selecting from all 5 of the Predefined Settings and I've toggled on/off every combination of Gamepad Options. I spent over 4 hours on this tonight and I don't know what else to do. I would appreciate any help at all. I just want to play XI again, but I'm computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    First you have to set up the controller on it's own, drivers, settings etc up to date. Then you do the ffxiconfig file, manually set all your buttons in the menu. Then test it in the menu, confirm what does/doesn't work.

Then when you log in, one of two things will happen. It will work properly; or do the cycle thing (minimize the screen to the toolbar and reopen to fix this)
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't use a gamepad personally, but I was watching FFXI related videos on youtube the other day and came across this. I don't know if it will help or not, but worth a look.

https://youtu.be/uN13CSzQTEo?t=1m23s
    (0)