Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Also, it appears it is possible to DO nation quests without being aligned officially to them? Is it? Because here is the oddest part.

1) When I flagged "Her Memories" it told me to speak to http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Adelbrecht to do the quest "Azure Footfalls". Because I had been doing Bastok Missions AND I ALREADY had the Excelsis Ring from Bastok Quests.
    2) When I went to Adelbrecht to flag the "Azure Footfalls" quest, he gave me the Rations for the http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fighting_Fourth Quest. The quest to align yourself to Bastok.
    3) I had no idea I could progress through WotG, taking the quests from Gentle Tiger in Bastok (S) withOUT being aligned to Bastok via Adelbrecht. That just never clicked. I assumed hell...I'm taking these Bastok (S) story quests, I must be aligned to them.

So I was able to progress through the Gentle Tiger quests, get the Excelsis Ring, get all the way to "Her Memories" and then I just assumed, "Oh, I never OFFICIALLY aligned to Bastok, weird, better go do that first" when I was actually swapping from Sandy.

If Gentle Tiger had flat out not let me progress due to not being aligned with Bastok at the time, it would have saved me some headaches.
    (0)

Player
    It's done that way so you can complete the entire story line (all 3 nations) without having to repeat the missions 3 times.

They chose to do it awkwardly... it's square, nothing they do is logical.

You can do any nation quest without "officially" being allied to them, but when you do the first quest in the story line you became allied to that nation.
    (0)

Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yep, makes more sense now, but man it was confusing initially. I get being able to do all 3 storylines, but I assumed it was tied to being aligned with them like original release nation missions. Figures that you could be aligned to a different nation, leave for 8 years, come back and just hop right into Bastok story. But glad it was resolved. Hopefully if anyone else happens to leave for a long time during that specific area of quests they can find this thread haha.
    (0)

4. 09-25-2020 11:12 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2