Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Stuck on WotG Mission "Her Memories", ideas?

Hello all,

Returning player from 7-8 years back, attempting to get through a lot of missions. I've completed all of RoZ, CoP, ToaU, RoV, and SoA. WotG is my issue currently and I was curious as to whether or not anyone could help. If not, I'll take this to the "report a bug" section.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Her_Memories:_Azure_Footfalls

This quest will not flag. I noticed this bug report on the forums from mid 2017, but no additional information was ever given by the player involved. I was not aligned with any nation when I flagged the quest, and as such, I now cannot get any of the nations CS's to flag for the 4th Large Memory Fragment.

I have tried all typical troubleshoots. Waited game days, logged out, gone back and retraced steps, etc. I have 3 of the 4 fragments, but I cannot get any CS to proc when zoning into the zones. I have swapped from Bastok to Windy to Sandy back to Bastok with no luck. The only thing I have yet to try is JP midnight.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be great, I'll try anything and get with a GM if need be if nothing resolves it. Hopefully the community is somewhat as helpful as it was way back when and I can resolve this tonight. Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Player
    As specific as possible, since you're following the wiki already, what point exactly are you stuck at? Not all quests are flagged immediately, you may be able to progress without officially "flagging" because it may flag at a point in the walkthrough.

Zone into Batallia Downs (S) from Rolanberry Fields (S) to receive a cutscene and a memory fragment.
    You did this part.

Then got no cutscene when;

Zone into Bastok Markets (S) from North Gustaberg (S) for a cutscene.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 02-28-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Zone into Bastok Markets (S) from North Gustaberg (S) for a cutscene.

Not getting the CS here. I have collected the other 3 memories. It states on the wiki, "Must be allied with Bastok (S)'s Fighting Fourth prior to flagging Her Memories". However, I had NOT completed that quest prior to flagging "Her Memories". So I am unsure if that's a factor. I am currently with Windy now, and going through ALL of the nations missions quests to see if the Windy "Her Memories" 4th Fragment will give me the CS for that nation. But the Bastok one specifically I have not been able to get the opening CS for the quest itself.
    (0)

Player
    You must continue the memories with your current alliance. If you changed to windurst, you no longer get to do Azure footfalls.

You must do this one;

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/H...dure_Footfalls

For future reference, changing mid mission line is a realllllllly bad idea. You don't repeat the missions when doing each past nations storylines, only the quests.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 02-28-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That's what I am trying now, yes. But when I was with Bastok that CS did not trigger either. I received 3 of the 4 memories while technically not aligned with anyone, since I did not complete the Bastok quest until after flagging "Her Memories". The wiki states you must complete the one under the nation you were aligned with when flagging the quest. So I'm concerned Windy won't work either, since I was also not aligned with Windy when flagging it.

1) Was aligned with No One
    2) Flagged "Her Memories"
    3) Aligned with Bastok
    4) Bastok CS will not flag
    5) Switched Alliance to Windy
    6) Now progressing through Windy Nation quests. But don't see why it would flag here if it did not Bastok, either.

It LOOKS like a bug, where if you begin "Her Memories" before officially completing the alliance quest you're locked out from getting a CS from any of the nations.

EDIT: I have also tried swapping to Windy, then trying the quest you mentioned above, with no CS. So now I am going through the Windy quests from the start. But, again, if it remains true that the CS only triggers according to "the nation you were aligned to when you flagged "Her Memories" then it's none, since I had no alliance when I flagged it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Decederes; 02-28-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Player
    It is -literally- impossible to do that. You are mistaken.

You may have created a bug by changing mid mission section, but you cannot progress in the past without being alligned to a nation.

You must complete 12 quests for a nation (or all 3 nations if you want) to access "her memories" if you do any of those (36) quests, you are allied to that nation.

I can tell you exactly what you need to do, but you need to figure out what part you're incorrect about.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 02-28-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Player
    I'll make this as easy as possible for you,

You must (this is not optional) currently own one of these 3 items; Excelsis Ring, Griffon Ring, or Zodiac Ring (unless you dropped it)

Which is it?
    (0)

Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think you helped me figure it out, will report back in a moment.
    (0)

Character
    Skaige
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for that, so here is the story.

1) 8 years ago I apparently selected Sandy as my alliance Nation, I was Bastok in present time, never changed nations, just assumed that's who I was aligned to.
    2) 8 years later, I get going on my missions and take the WotG storyline through Bastok as my nation quests. Not the Sandy ones. So I just assumed that's where I started from.
    3) Sure as hell, I went and realigned myself with Windy to try to fix the "bug" but didn't even bother to check Sandy. Had I, I would have seen the "do you wish to rejoin" message sooner.
    4) The whole time, I was originally with Sandy. Hard to remember things from nearly a decade ago. But you telling me that was impossible forced me to look at Sandy real quick, so thanks! I'm set! Haha.
    (0)

Player
    Glad that you got it squared away.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast