Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SU4

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I was posing an example with the Defiant Sweat, but any other ingredients can be used too, as long as it makes cooking as its main to be able to make them.

Another point I have to ask, is how one person on our server (name withheld atm on Asura) has already made FOUR of these new completed craft shields (one on main and three on mules), and had them done so fast? Even taking into consideration the TIME it takes to farm and synth the spheres, and then synth the Apex crystal.... still seems as if they did something "fishy" to do it? I cannot get my head around it atm.

And splitting the gear pieces per job up betwixt the different crafts would make it so that one craft AGAIN does not dominate the job-gear field. We all know how SE loves Goldsmithing, and just plain tired of the rest of us getting the short end of the stick on that.

And I do the same thing with Curio Moogle, buying & reselling for profits. I don't have any pity for people too lazy to spend 30 seconds to save themselves 50k gil. I will gladly take advantage of their ineptitude and/or laziness.
    (1)

Player
    Vagary/Delve mats shouldn't even be used as examples anymore given how overtaxed their supplies are already. It's also not a good idea to focus on processing mats for other crafters to use. Adding a mandatory middleman would do little to help the middleman since they'd not make that much off the mats, while the extra cost would raise costs for the crafters actually using the processed mats, which gets passed on to consumers or not made at all. :/ Yes, something would be better than nothing, but there are still buffs that could be used for food that haven't ever been used yet, and they could always shoehorn actual equipment synths in. I would not complain about a Bacon Shield. XD

I know who you are talking about, and from what I understand, he's multiboxing his way thru, and doing NOTHING but working on the shields. It is legit play to have one char killing and passing on loot while another lots and synths. You still have to sit there and do all the craftchaining yourself, which is what I'm most impressed about w/ the multiple shields. That would be some mindnumbing months to go thru.. And not that I know what methods he's actually using, but I seriously doubt that there's anything in the TOS against using programmable input devices with autofire options. :x Don't think there'd be any way to enforce a "no gaming keyboards/mice" rule anyway. It's quite possible to game the system without actually cheating, breaking any rules or doing anything that requires much effort, and it doesn't take much imagination to think of them.

Splitting pieces up and shuffling them around could, and most likely would, still result in one craft or another ending up with better pieces which would have higher demand > prices. Even though I personally got shafted by it, I prefer the way they did Su3. Shuffle up the sets themselves so they are not made by the obvious crafts. Smithing makes the caster set for example, which would appearance-wise and traditionally be made by clothcraft. Things will balance out a bit armor-wise this way.

Problem with this specific topic tho is that we are talking about weapons. Weapons are a bit trickier to logically shuffle around. Most weapons in-game are metal based, which is why goldsmithing/smithing have always gotten the lion's share of the recipes for them. It doesn't seem very intuitive for clothcrafting to make a sword for example. :/ I'd have zero problems with breaking tradition at this point though. lol (Especially if some extra love gets sent LC's way. <,<)

I don't know if you've ever looked, but the cost for GS shield is insanely higher than other crafts too due to kit mats... High enough that my GS mule went to bottom of the list priority-wise when I looked them up. I'm looking at ~5x the gil cost as what my leathercraft kits cost to make. GS may make a mint off rings/earrings, but it tends to pay thru the nose to reach similar progress points when compared to most other crafts.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Lunatone
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What I assume the general fustration is(which is basically just my gripes) is that yes the crafter shields are busted and they take alot of time and money yes but people having cheated to finish the shields to make tons of gil and then in turn some of the people selling the gil for real money isnt really cool to me or probably to the majority of the people who arent making actual money off a 12.95 monthly payment. If youre doing it legit good for you thats great keep on keeping on, but I'm not SE so i dont have a projected number on how many finished shields they think they'd have by the time the set out this SU4 update and at the end of the day it wont matter, just make money selling mats to the shield owners and buy it off of them or dont.

I was mainly just salty cause no finished shield pls
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2