Player

Preserve "Rare" one-of-a-kind Ammo

Can you look into creating an in-game command to disable throwing/consuming ammunition if the player only has 1 of them available?

Ninja has a very serious issue, particularly with the Job Ability Sange and rare shurikens like "Happo Shuriken 1". The High-Quality version cannot be bought in any vendor and can only be crafted. Thus, on many servers it is very expensive (on Asura, right now, its 3,000,000 G for one single shuriken). The problem is, if players choose to use the Sange ability, they have to switch to NQ ammunition before using the ammo. This, coupled with macros means that no player can have both a decent supply of consumable shurikens AND use Happo +1, without utilizing two different macro sets for Sange ON and OFF. There is still a huge risk for players to inadvertently equip their Happo +1 during Sange and throw it. The same issue applies to Animikii bullet, though that can be easily re-obtained.

Can you look into creating an in-game command, something like /lastammo ON, that disables the ability to force consume your last ammunition? This would guarantee that Ninjas could never mistakenly throw their prized Happo Shuriken +1, and they can create macros that equip Happo normal quality for abilities like sange.

The other alternative is remove the ability to throw Happo+1 and just make it a Daken-exclusive shuriken. I can't think of anybody who wants to be able to throw this item, and dozens of us have mistakenly thrown this pricy piece.
    (6)
    Last edited by GoltanaBuukki; 02-14-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    PLEASE yes, this is such a wonderful suggestion and has no negative impact on game balance.

I've been playing FFXI since 2004, and used my one time item restore on... you guessed it, an accidentally thrown Happo Shuriken +1. It's not realistically replaceable on my server; a grand total of ONE has sold on Phoenix's AH in the past 20 months. Even if it was replaceable, there isn't a single person who would want to throw ammo that costs 3-4 million gil each. Of the current available NIN throwing weapons, Happo+1 is the real serious issue - but the same concern applies to other R/E shuriken from difficult fights (Seki Shuriken, Togakushi Shuriken, etc.) which players would never actually want to throw.

To be clear, I LOVE Buukki's suggestion above to have the game refuse to use your last piece of ammunition/throwing item if toggled on. But even if that isn't feasible, some sort of alternate measure would be VERY welcome (if anything, the FFXI team has already shown one type of solution with the fix to the old Patriarch Protector's Arrow CP ammo that people often shot on accident, by changing it to an item that dispenses 1 R/E ammo on a ~1 week cooldown, so players can recover from an unfortunate mistake).
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Man yes! A thousand times yes! Please make such an option so that you won't be able to throw shurikens anymore when the stack is down to 1 left! Would love such an option so much!
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.