Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

How to reset password?

Ok so every time I change computer I seem to have the same problem.

I am from Europe, but I have a US game, I imported it before it was available in Europe.

I have down loaded pol from the us website play on line but my password will not work.

It works fine on my old computer but not on the new one.
    How do I check if the version of pol I down loaded is the US version and do I need to change my password and how do I go about changing my password?

Thanks
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If I remember correctly, I had some weird password issues when I swapped PC, even though I knew the password was correct.

Try going to the Square Enix Account Manager (top right on homepage), log in, then to Service and Options, Playonline/Final Fantasy XI, Options List, and then at the bottom "Update Playonline Password".

Then trying logging into the game with your new password.
    (1)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Thanks for the help Sirmarki

Still no good though, I have changed the password and tried logging in with it but keep getting error code pol 5311

it really should not be this hard to get a game to work, but every single time, couple of years ago I had to fax them my passport details... who the hell works with fax machines these days
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Only thing I can suggest is what someone posted when they were experiencing the same error. Might be something to do with the One time password.

Anyway, they wrote:

"Fixed it. I had to allow the one-time passwords. Turning it off was not an option."
    (0)

Character
    Xemus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Exact same issue here. Very frustrating. I tried resetting my password and it still gives me this error. Has anyone found a solution? I kind of want to play the game considering I am paying for it.
    (0)