Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Yup. Shameless. /sea yahse + ceizak
    Out of curiosity I went to have a look in those areas. There were well over 40 or so in both the areas combined. All of which seem to be using some kind of scripted movement/WS, and movement speed+ .. Mostly all the same gear, with keyboard smashed names.

I believe SE need to get 'some men on the ground' with this one. There is no way I'm going to fill out STF form that many times, especially seeing as my previous reports have been an epic fail.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 11-26-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Went to crawlers nest today, totally bot farmed. Something really needs to be done SE, please follow the rules you have set out that DO NOT allow 3rd party programs. Turning a blind eye to this much cheating is basically saying use any 3rd party you want. People talk about 3rd party in yells and say openly, bring back the days when this was a violation. Put some teeth on your rules, else no one will follow them, which is basically whats occurring now. The cheaters have no fear of being banned.
    Advertising PL services is against the rules too...

But yeh, I think the terms are in need of revision. As well as the 'bug report' form.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 11-26-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Advertising PL services is against the rules too...

But yeh, I think the terms are in need of revision. As well as the 'bug report' form.
    I don't think that PL services are against TOS.. Probably falls under the same ruling as merc services, which are approved as a RP element. (Since you are "role playing" as mercenaries.) >_>
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I don't think that PL services are against TOS.. Probably falls under the same ruling as merc services, which are approved as a RP element. (Since you are "role playing" as mercenaries.) >_>
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    The one just two above that with " ... deprives other players of the chance to play the game." also constitutes the reporting of bot's which deny others the chance to farm and play the game, since they monopolize pops and items for everyone to use.
    (0)

Player
    OK. I'm pretty sure that is actually referring to the RMT practice of a player paying real money to have someone else either play the game for them, or kill things in a party with them... I don't think that the listed entry applies when it's gil changing hands instead of real money. Keep in mind that it's been darn near impossible to MPK for many years, yet that is still on the list. Could be just yet one more thing that has never been updated by SE. (I ran into SE payment option docs today that have an option listed that's been out of business since 2010 I think...)

I'm actually on hold w/ the customer service phone line right now for something completely unrelated, but I'll ask them for clarification if I ever make it past the eternal ringing... 34min and counting so far... @_@

EDIT: Only took a 45:02 before a real person picked up, got my questions answered, AND got yours answered too. XD That line that you are referencing IS specifically about the RMT practice of paying someone else real money to level your character for you, but there is nothing officially wrong with doing so for in-game currency of any sort (as long as real money is not involved in any way in relation to the transaction.)

They also noted my ticket that I requested an update to the documentation available to us and increased representation on these forums. Not holding my breath, but hey, maybe? ^^;;;
    (3)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 11-27-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I had a good talk with a GM today and was able to give names and locations of players using automation to farm items to desynth to spheres. He said would pass it onto special task force and to post here for feedback on rules, policies or services so here I am posted.

I thank the GM for his good service(I'm not posting name less asked).

Feedback I have for SE is please enforce the rules you have set out. Farming bots are running rampant on asura, because they haven't been banned. Akin to the rule set have no teeth, people are botting without worry that they maybe banned.

The automated farming bots hurt those like myself that are trying to work on our T4 crafting shields. All locations of non cards are farmed by bots.

The only other solution to the problem is increasing the drop rate of cards and reducing their break rate.
    Because of the fact the drop rate is low and the break rate seems about same as other non card items(which have higher drop rate), IE fetich items, this is why most just farm the older items and not the cards. The end yield result of the spheres is greater and more time efficient.
    (4)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Went to crawlers nest today to farm exoray molds to desynth for spheres and there were 17, 17! bots there. SE PLEASE PLEASE do something about this. Don't work on updates till you get the botting cheaters under control. This should be your highest priority. Or just change your Terms of Service to allow 3rd party programs, as that's essentially what you are doing by turning a blind eye to these cheaters. I've reported automated farming bots for months, yet they are still here. I report them every time to the Special Task Force and call a GM as well, yet nothing seems to be done. That all my emails just go directly to the trash bin and I get automated responses by GM that they know about the botting issue. If they know about it, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Non action shows that the Terms of Service agreement has no teeth. That it's not enforced and just there for legality. IF you really care to abide by the Terms of Service that YOU(SE) has set out then fix this issue, else change the terms of service and say 3rd party use is fine.
    (1)

Player
    Holy crap. That. Is bananas. I didn't believe you. There are not 8 different camps that bots can use. This means they are botting on top of each other ffs. There really is 17 anon bots in the nest. Motherofgod.jpeg

Also; 11 in the necropolis, 11 in the citadel, 7 in palborough,
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Went to crawlers nest today to farm exoray molds to desynth for spheres and there were 17, 17! bots there.
    I think we can establish that there are only a handful of players behind all this, and I think I know how they are getting around it. Seeing as some of them have been there for in the region of 6~8months.
    It's easy to see that they are using automation, the distinctive/fixed movement pattern gives it away.

However, I think who ever is behind it is probably using some kind of response tool, or alert system if they get a tell. This in turn makes it look like they are actually there at their computer, which means it appears not automated.

I personally believe that if time was spent looking at the logs of these players then the evidence would be there, but that's the problem, it would take a lot of time and resources. In the meantime, more and more of them appear, which adds to the problem.
    (0)

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast